Edu-what now?

3rd person P.O.V

Tony and Elora stood side by side, both of their clothes slightly charged from the small explosion that took place in Tony's lab.

Wanda was furious. Unable to stop herself from scolding the two smokey lab Rats.

"Tony you are unbelievable! You let an inexperienced child work with high tech equipment! Equipment zhat exploded! Look at you, you're a mess!"

Tony held his hands up in defeat. "Okay. But in my defence Elora is very experienced with technology. For God's sake she made the toaster walk!"

"How was it supposed to know that it didn't do that?" Elora whined, crossing her arms.

"It's a toaster! It only has one purpose! To make toast!" Tony tried to explain.

Elora looked at Tony confused. "What is a toast?! I just saw a small machine with switches and thought I could make it do something! When it didn't work I thought I'd alter it to make it more useful!"

"Who needs a walking toaster?!"

"Someone does!"

"Well then let's just go and sell it!"

"...really?"

"No!"

Wanda shook her head. "People vould think you're related the vay you yell at each other."

"He started it." Elora placed the blame.

"She set my lab on fire!" Tony

"Zhen just clean it up!" Pietro sighed. "You two go clean up, Steve vants us for a debriefing anyvay."

Wanda nodded. "Ve'll go for a debriefing and vhen ve come back you two can be cleaning up you're mess."

"Elora's mess." Tony muttered. Scoring him a sharp punch on the arm from the young girl.

"I'd say it was a team effort." She huffed.

The twins rolled their eyes and walked away, leaving the pair to squabble till they found a compromise.

---------

Months past and Elora finally settled into her new life with the Avengers. It took some time for everyone to trust her and for her to believe that Hydra wasn't in the facility.

Although she found it difficult, Elora had her siblings beside her the whole time. She finally felt apart of a family.

Throughout her time here, she was spending more and more time in the lab with Tony. They became almost inseparable, inventing new things every week.

She also got closer to Steve and Bucky, loving their stories of their last life in the 1940s. She would sit for hours and take in their tales of the childhood they shared.

Slowly but surely she warmed up to everyone in the team. Even the terrifying Nicholas Fury. Or Mr Fury to Elora.

But over the past few days, Elora noticed a change in everyone's attitude. They became somewhat distant, as if trying to avoid telling her something.

She decided not to pry though, she was still scared that others wouldn't trust her, and if they did she didn't want to lose it.

But one day when she was walking to the kitchen, she heard Tony almost yelling at someone in the lab. Curious as she was, she decided to investigate. Sneaking up to the door and focusing on the familiar voices inside.

"You two are serious about this? Sending her away to teenager hell?!" One voice was clearly Tony.

"Ve have to Tony. She can't stay cooped up here for zhe rest of her life. She needs as education!" The was Wanda's voice.

"But Elora is clearly smarter than all those brainless bone heads. And how can you even be sure she won't use her powers on another kid? She could kill someone!" Tony panicked.

Elora heard Pietro's exaggerated sigh. "Tony she has to go. Ve want her to have at least a half normal childhood. She's never been anywhere like this before and it vould be good for her."

"Have you even discussed this with her?" Tony asked. "This smart ass kid can make a toaster walk and hack a high tech database like it's a game of Tetris. She doesn't need school."

"Maybe not but she does need social stability, friends Tony. Someone else she can talk to, someone her age." Wanda huffed. "And ve plan to tell her over lunch. She doesn't really have a choice."

"A choice in what?" Elora took a step into the doorway.

Wanda and Pietro turned to look at her as Tony groaned. "Great timing kid. As always."

"Oh Elora! Yes perfect timing! Ve need to discuss something with you!" Wanda smiled sweetly.

Elora tilted her head, her eyes moving from one person to another. "What's... teenager hell?"

"Something, in my opinion, you need nothing to do with." Tony scoffed.

"Vell your opinion isn't vanted!" Wanda hissed at the billionaire.

"Wanda calm down! Just tell Elora what she needs to know!" Pietro pulled his twin away from Tony, who stood with his arms crossed.

Wanda sighed and looked to her younger sibling. "Me and Pietro thought it vould be a good idea for you to attend high school. So you can get to know kids your age."

"But.. I don't know anyone my age." Elora frowned. "Would they be like me? Like us?"

Pietro shook his head. "No Elora. Not many people are like us. And I doubt any of these kids will be. So you'll have to keep your powers to yourself I'm afraid."

The young girl didn't understand. "Why am I going of no one is like me? I'd just be a threat wouldn't I? And.. what if someone work for Hydra!? What if they come after me and kill me?!" Her breathing became erratic.

"Hydra won't find you!" Tony stepped forward along side the twins. "Like your brother said not many people are like you, so less people work for Hydra. None of the kids in that school will try to kill you. Unless they're just generally an asshole."

"TONY!! You're going to scare her!" Wanda snapped once again. "Nothing will harm you Elora. I promise."

Elora sighed and looked at the three adults in front of her. "If you think school will be better for me then I will go and make friends there. But if someone does try to kill me... may I use my powers to... 'defend' myself?"

"Absolutely." Tony smiled.

"Absolutely not." Wanda growled.

Elora giggled. "I'll take the answer I like the most."