A Wrong Turn

*Beth's POV*

The rest of the holiday was perfect. I loved spending some quality time with Sean. We really needed it and Norman didn't bother us again. Things were heading in the right direction.

*1 year later*

Here we were. At another convention for Walker Stalker Con. Me and Sean were still going strong. And Norman hasn't really talked to me at all. He talks to Sean at conventions, their friendship is slowly growing back and I'm so happy for them.

But he never talks to me. I'm always stood there to the side. I try smile at him but he never looks at me. I just want to be friends with him. Maybe the three of us could go out sometime. But whenever I try talk to him he completely blanks me and walks away.

David Della Rocco couldn't make it so I was with Sean Patrick Flanery over the weekend. Norman would probably make his way over to us at some point in the day. I might have a chance to talk to him. Or he'd just blank me and talk to Flanery. I really am trying.

"I missed you Beth!" Flanery hugged me. "I missed you too mate." I hugged him back, tight. "Also I love what you've done with your hair." He'd got it cut short. It looked really nice. "Thanks babe." He kissed my head.

"So how are you and Sean?" He winked at me. "Me and Sean are fine, thanks. What about you and your family?" I still hadn't met his wife or kids. "They're awesome. What about Sean and Norman? They seem to be okay with each other now." We looked over at them, laughing as friends like they used to.

"Yeah they're actually getting on again. I'm happy for them." I sighed. "Hey, what's up?" He put his arm around me. "It's nothing Sean." I removed his arm from me. "Tell me, something is bothering you." I looked over at Sean and Norman again. "You're scared something will happen with Norman again, aren't you?" He asked.

"No not at all, it's the opposite. Norman hasn't spoken to me in like a year. I miss him." Sean let out a breath. "Look, I'll have a word with him. Maybe it's best if he doesn't talk to you." He was right. But me and Norman were over now. Nothing could happen between us so I don't see why we can't be friends.

"Thanks Sean. Now lets get to work." We headed out to the crowd of people waiting to see him. He was truly an amazing man and brilliant actor. I really looked up to him. (I hope you've all read Jane Two. If not go buy it now and read it! You'll love it!)

Sean kept sending me cute messages throughout the day. He'd send around 50 kissy faces, I'd look over at him, smile, blow a kiss and he'd blush a little. I'm suprised no one noticed, we were so embarrassing.

Sean-Lunch? ;)

I got another text. "Hey Flanery. Want to go get some lunch?" There were only 2 people in his queue at the moment. "Sure, after these two." He smiled at me. I sent Sean a text back telling him we'd be there in a few minutes.

"So if Norman is in there I'll pull him over and have a word with him." Sean said as we walked to meet Sean. "Yeah, thanks again Sean. You really are a great friend." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Hey baby." Sean hugged me after I sat down next to him. "I got you a ham sandwich." He placed it in front of me. "Thanks hun." I kissed his cheek. "I'm gonna go get something for myself and chat to Reedustein. See ya later love birds." Flanery left us.

I still can't believe me and Sean are still in the 'lovely dovey' stage of the relationship. We're still mad about each other.

*Norman's POV*

Sean came up to me as I was picking my lunch. "Hey man, how's it going?" I carried my tray over to the drinks. "Great man, I'm really good. You?" He followed me. "I'm good thanks, I need to talk to you about something." I poured a drink for me and him. "Sure man, anything."

I began to walk back to Sean when I saw him with Beth. I wanted to spend some time with Sean, that's why I didn't invite Sean and her with us. I froze. "It's about Beth." I'd just got her out of my head. I'm avoiding her as much as I can. "What about her?" I asked casually.

"You're avoiding her. You've been doing this for a year man." Shit. "No I haven't." I really didn't want to talk about this. "Yes you have. She misses you, she told me. You can't expect to be best friends with Sean again and not talk to her."

"Listen man, I can't. Don't you get how hard this is for me. Seeing her just brings all my feelings back. If I try be friends with her then I know I'll try something with her. I can't hurt Sean again. And if that means avoiding her then it's what I have to do."

"I guess I can see where you're coming from. Just talk to her or smile at her. Just say hi." He smiled at me and walked over to them. I can say hi to her. That won't make a difference. I went over to them and sat next to Flanery. I looked up and Sean and he smiled at me while tucking into a burger.

I had trained myself not to look into her eyes again. I was going against every bone in my body. But I did it. I looked at her sweet innocent face. She was looking right at me with sadness in her eyes. My heart started pounding. I lightly smiled at her and went back to eating my food. I put my raybans over my eyes.

I couldn't get her face out of my head. The way she looked at me broke my heart. She really did miss me. I couldn't look at her for the rest of the meal. Sean and Flanery just chatted to each other and me and Beth just listened.

"Come on Beth, lets get back out there." Flanery stood up. "Huh? Oh yeah okay." She seemed a little lost. I saw Sean whisper something in her ear and she nodded. "We better get back out there. You're fans will go crazy if I keep you here any longer." Sean said to me. "Yeah, lets go." We all walked out together.

I stood next to Beth. "Erm hi." I awkwardly smiled down at her. "Hi Norman." She looked up at me. I could feel my cheeks redden. "H-how've you been?" She sighed. "Great, you?" I bit the inside of my cheek. "Good thanks." She walked away with Flanery.