// 13 //

His palms were clammy as he rubbed them together, trying to regain his composition. He was standing in the kitchen, running his sweaty fingers over the small box in his pocket, trying to tell himself to calm down. It wasn't like she was going to reject her soulmate, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to tell him that it wasn't the right time to get married and tie the knot.

    He found himself beginning to freak out as he thought about that, and began second-guessing asking her – they had been with each other for almost thirteen months, so around a year and some change, so that should mean that she won't reject, right? 

    How should he do it? Take her to a fancy dinner? Just casually pop out the ring and ask her? All the questions in his mind were starting to stress him out, and before he could stop himself, he was pulling at his hair and mumbling incoherent things under his breath. It just sucked that he couldn't go to her about this, mainly because that was what he'd do when he was stressed or having trouble with something. 

    Okay, maybe a fancy dinner wasn't what he should do, mainly because she wasn't big on "fanciness." So, he'd just casually ask her when he found it fit. He nodded, giving a small thumbs up and sighing, sprinting up to the bedroom they shared and hiding the ring in his drawer. 

    There was still a little time for him to figure it out, but that didn't mean he wouldn't stress about it. Shaking his head, he shook away the thought and began thinking about her instead. Thinking about how she felt in his arms when he held her; the way their hands fit together like two pieces of a puzzle; the way her eyes always had a beautiful spark of love in them.

    He couldn't wait to marry her.

▒▒▒▒

    They sat on the couch, his arm draped around her shoulders and her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. He sighed as he felt her snuggle into his arm, kissing his pectoral. He loved feeling holding her, and he never seemed to stop thinking about her. He figured she would've fallen asleep, seeing as he was on the verge of letting dream's arms take him as well, but she didn't. She got up and asked him if he wanted some popcorn before asking if they could watch Krampus from the kitchen. 

    "Sure, babe," he called to her, going upstairs to get something from his drawer. Now felt like the right time, and he wasn't sure why, but he knew doing it now would be his only chance. Taking a deep breath, he clutched the small box in his hand and said something along the lines of a prayer that she'd say yes, and walked back downstairs.

    He was greeted with the sight of her sitting on one side of the couch, a gigantic bowl of popcorn, and then his side. He sat down on his side of the couch, but let out a grumble and moved the bowl, pulling her to him. "A bowl of popcorn will not take my place, especially next to my soulmate," he put a finger up, signaling he was making a declaration. "You hear that popcorn! She's mine!" Laughing, she hid her face in his chest and muffled her giggles, giving him a half hug by wrapping her arms around his stomach. 

    "Don't worry, love. A bowl of popcorn will never take your place. Not even if we're at a movie theater and it's their last batch. Candy, on the other hand, is a whole different story." They were both laughing at this point, her giggling and him laughing while smiling so hard his eyes were pretty much gone. 

    "You know you look cute when you laugh, right?" He only shook his head and continued to smile, but was able to actually open his eyes and look at her.

    "You know I really want to seal the deal, right?" She was about to ask what he meant when he pulled out the ring. One hand flew to her mouth while the other stayed around his back, tears pooling in her eyes. "I really, really love you, and as beautiful and magnificent as you are, I think that last name of yours is just a little over-rated. So, y/n m/n, will you marry me and be mine for the rest of time?" 

    She laughed at his rhyme, nodding yes and unraveling her hand from his waist. He took the ring out of the box and slipped it on her finger, pulling her onto his lap and hugging her as tight as possible. He was beyond happy in that moment, hearing her whisper, "I love you, Marki, I love you so much." 

    He didn't need to respond, only pressing his lips to hers in a passionate kiss that lit the world around him on fire. There was a different meaning to the kiss compared to all of the other ones they'd shared. This one was filled with a different type of passion that couldn't be found anywhere else except between them. 

    Pulling away, they rested their foreheads together and sighed, a small giggle coming from her. "What're you laughin' at, love?" 

    She opened her eyes and looked at him, whispering, "You're the biggest cheeseball, but also the smoothest guy I've ever met. Like, damn, the way you did that was absolutely incredible."

    Both laughed again, kissing once more before she really took a look at her ring. "This is so beautiful, Marki. God, I love you." 

    He smiled kissing her one last time and answering, "I love you to the center of the galaxy and back. Now, do you wanna watch that movie? Also, fuck the candy. You're definitely mine now." 

    It seemed like they couldn't stop laughing that night, as she laughed again and nodded, murmuring, "Fuck the damn candy."