// 6 //

Those weeks, they just dwindled away. Today was the day, and she couldn't stop telling herself that. What was she going to wear? Would she go natural or put on makeup? What was she going to say? Hey, how's it going, I'm your soulmate. Let's kiss

    When was it going to happen? What was she going to be doing? All these questions and she didn't have a single answer for them. 

    She sighed and looked down at her wrist, watching as the clock kept ticking by the second. Her eyes focused on the hours, 00:00:06:37:20. The clocks set up was strange, and she was just now taking notice to it. It went months, days, hours, minutes, seconds; it may have been the fact that the zero's made it look almost unnecessary for it to exist in the first place. 

    Its color was a light digital blue, and the numbers were getting more and more antagonizing. She looked at the actual time, seeing that it was around 8 in the morning, and she probably wasn't going to be able to sleep anytime soon. She pulled the covers back in her bed and ran her hand through her hair, walking over to the mirror to get a good look at herself. 

    She didn't look like she had initially expected; she looked energized, ready to take on whatever life had to offer – especially her soulmate. Picking up the brush, she ran it through her knotty hair, not wincing once when it looked and sounded like it might actually hurt.

    She then decided to put it up into a bun - not a neat one, but not one of those stereotypical messy buns, either. Looking down at her clothes, she just shrugged and went downstairs to get breakfast, quickly eating a random granola bar, seeing as she wasn't that hungry, and went back up to her studio to draw and record a backup speedpaint of something. 

    Time went by faster than she could tell, and by the time she was done with a few pre-recorded things, it was already noon, and she hadn't even gotten dressed yet. She stood up, not in any type of hurry, and went to her room, putting the pencil she had taken with her in her mouth as she tried to figure out what she was going to wear for the rest of the day. 

    She pulled out a black t-shirt with marshmallows and hot chocolate on it, then putting it back and picking up a black Undertale t-shirt and putting it on, deciding it was perfect with her washed out grey jeans. She wasn't a 'fashionista' in any way, she just knew what looked good and what didn't look good together. 

    Deciding that she looked good enough to go in public, she sighed happily and walked out of her apartment and into the bright Los Angeles sun. She started to see everything around her in a new color, the bright blues and pinks and yellows sticking out among the rest because it really showed her mood. She was so happy that today was the day, today was the day. 

    She hadn't even realized where her feet were taking her, as she had been taking in all of the scenery that she'd had yet to notice before. Before she walked into the little place she called her home - which was really a coffee shop and a little bookstore – she glanced around once more and smiled. When she walked in, she went to the lady at the counter and asked for a drink, saying thank you when the lady told her congratulations on her soulmate being so close to meeting her. 

    Walking over to a little shelf, she picked up a Deadpool comic, staring down at her clock once she sat down in a random chair with a clear view of the door. She smiled slightly,  seeing her clock had a little over ten minutes left on it. She looked back up at the comic, her eyes sweeping across the panels, but not actually paying any mind to them. 

    While her eyes may have been on the comic, her mind was on him. What he might look like, how tall he might be, what his voice would sound like, everything she wanted to know about him. Glancing up at the front door as the bell chimed, her eyes widened when she heard the beep of her watch. Only her soulmate could hear it, and she knew he could already tell that it was her. He had bright red hair, which had most of her attention. It wasn't that she didn't like it, she loved it, it just caught her off guard. 

    She slowly stood up, resisting the strong urge to run into his arms. She walked up to him, their eyes watching each other's movements carefully. It was if the other thought that if they looked away, the other would disappear and their clock would have another six years on it. Finally making it up to him, she couldn't help it anymore and wrapped her arms around his neck in a tight embrace. 

    He lifted her up a slight bit with his height, but she didn't mind. She loved the way he did that. When she finally pulled out of his chest, she got a good look at his features. He had a chiseled jaw, kind mocha brown eyes, a smirk that might make any girl swoon and a rather muscular body. 

    When he was finally able to look at her clearly, he was mesmerized by her e/c eyes and her beautiful face. The way she smiled had him falling head over heels for her, and he didn't even know her name. Deciding that was rather important, he whispered to her, "I'm Mark."

    She was almost taken aback by Mark's deep voice, the sound sweet to her ears. "Y/n," she whispered back, moving her hand to his cheek. She started to rub her thumb over his cheekbone, so happy to finally be able to see him in the flesh and admire him for who and what he was. 

    "Y'know," he started, his hands on her hips gripping a little tighter, "I think I want to kiss you now. No, I know I want to kiss you now." She giggled at his awkwardness, the beautiful sound traveling to his ears and making his heart beat a little faster. He leaned down, her meeting him in the middle and joining their lips together. 

    The kiss, they didn't have any words to describe it. It made this certain feeling course through their veins, and fireworks go off around them. A cliché as everything sounded, it was true what other people had written and spoke about when they said that the first kiss, and every one after, would feel like no feeling they had ever felt before. With the way they moved together so smoothly and with so much rhythm, it made both of their minds go blank and their hearts race.

    It was definite for the both of them – there was nothing they'd rather be doing in that moment. Nothing.