Chapter 1

2 Months Later

Rosa's POV

I sat in my new dorm room, I was so happy I was able to get a scholarship and therefore had somewhere to live.  To be honest, living here is was better then having to stay with Arwin and Rythian, they were never my parents. The closest I ever had to parents were my godparents, Becky and Duncan, at least they visited me, at least they knew my name.

"Are you Rosa?" A shy voice asked from behind me. I turned and saw a boy standing behind me.

"Yeah, are you Chris?" I asked. He nodded once and walked into the dorm room. It was a unisex room, with two different bedrooms that locked, for privacy.

"Yep." He said, sitting down on the couch that was in the space between the two rooms. I smiled and my phone went off. I checked the screen and saw it was from Becky.

'Rosa Hellstrand, where are you???? You're parents are worried sick! It's been two months! Where are you???'

I quickly hid it so Chris couldn't read it and replied.

'They aren't my parents.' 

I blocked her number along with Duncan's and put my phone away. 

"I know it's kinda late, but we could get some supplies and stuff, if you wanted." Chris suggested, oblivious to my problems.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." I agreed. We went to the store and had fifteen minutes to get some stuff. Then, I heard something and pulled Chris around the corner. 

"Oh God, they're robbing this place, blocking all the exits, and taking hostages!" Chris exclaimed in a whisper.

"Cool, so real life die hard." I said. Chris looked at me like I was crazy. "I mean, oh no... danger."

He chuckled silently, "Sure, real life die hard."  He suddenly became serious again, "Alright, we have to do something."

"Well, let's go out there and gear our asses up... quietly." I whispered. We walked in different directions. I went to the construction area and grabbed a hammer, a crowbar, and some hair spray from a different section. We meet at the cooking area and hid behind a shelf.

"Hair spray?" He whispered questioningly.

"I have a lighter, I can make a flamethrower, and fry some bitches." I explained. "I'm going to go scout. Stay here, I'll be back." I grabbed the hammer just in case and a marker. 

I found the first person, dressed in all black and wearing a ski-mask. "You will be Günter, with the little dots over the 'u'." I whispered, writing 'Günter' on my wrist. I found the next guy, again with a mask and wearing all black. "You'll be Klouse." I wrote that down on my wrist too and moved on.

I found the next guy stealing some jewelry and whispered, "You will be-" I was cut off by a walkie-talkie which was sitting on the glass case where the jewels were.

"Dave, you there?" The voice from the walkie-talkie.

"Oh great, the bad guy's name is Dave." I said sarcastically to myself, writing it down on my wrist and continuing. 

"I found three people, but there are seven all together." I told Chris, coming back to the hiding place.

"Let's go take them out." Chris said. I grabbed the crow bar and hammer and Chris grabbed his shovel, which he had probably gotten from the gardening department. 

We got Günter first. We distracted him by breaking a vase next to him, then Chris hit him over the head with his shovel. We moved onto Klouse, doing the same thing but I distracted him with a metal banging sound provided by my hammer and crow bar. Chris had some duct tape with rubber ducks on it, so we used that to tape their mouths shut and tie their hands and feet.

Finally, I found Dave. Christ distracted him by pressing the 'Try Me' button on a singing care bear doll. I hit him on the head with my crow bar and Chris did his thing with the tape. "That's for having a boring, normal name like Dave." I said.

We got all of the bad guys together and ripped the tape off of Günter's mouth and I asked, "You guys are German, right?"

"Nah, mate." He said.

"What!? Australians!?" I said exasperated. "Are any of you German? Italian? North Korean? Greek?" I listed, they all shook their heads Chris cut in.

"Where are the hostages?" He asked, being way more serious then me and not caring that this was my die hard moment. They all just shook their heads, not telling us anything. The walkie-talkie suddenly went off.

"Dave, you there?" The voice coming from the device questioned.

"Yeah, mate. I'm over by the barbies." I said in a fake Australian accent.

"Well, come to the service corridor, we're having a situation with the hostages." The voice said. 

"Right on it, mate." I agreed, again in the fake accent.

"That was amazing! Service corridor! Let's go!" Chris exclaimed. We taped the bad guys again and found our way to the service corridor. I peaked around a corner and saw two guards.

"We won't be able to get past them without them noticing. What are we going to do?" Chris panicked, as we hid around the corner.

"The vents." I replied, pointing to a vent above me.

"Oh! Good idea! We blast the A/C, they get cold and leave for sweaters!" He exclaimed.

I looked at him oddly, "No, we climb through them. You know, the badass thing." I said.

"Oh, yeah, yeah right. I knew that." Chris lied. I rolled my eyes and I started to undo the screws, standing on a stool that I had found. I collected all of the screws in my hand except the last one which fell onto the floor.

"I think we're good." Chris said. I let out a sigh but then the whole vent cover fell. "I don't think we're good!"