Chapter 4

Rosa's POV

I came out of my room wearing my work clothes

"Whoa, why are you wearing that?" Chris asked as I grabbed my coat and purse

"Whoa, why are you wearing that?" Chris asked as I grabbed my coat and purse. "Not that I'm complaining or anything." He added quickly, an appreciative smile on his face.

"I'm a bartender at the restaurant near here, it's my job, bruh. You should get one." I said teasingly, my lips also curling into a smile, except mine was more of a smirk.

"Wow rude. I'm coming to were you work and you're serving me a drink." Chris announced, standing up and pumping a fist in the air like the idiot he was.

"Probably won't be, my boss only lets me serve families or couples." I said.

"My Dad'll come!" Chris exclaimed, running past me. I sighed and made my way to work.

"Rosa! You're just on time for your shift!" My boss Ryder said happily, giving me a short, tight hug as I entered. I smiled and he fluffed my hair then got me to my station.

"Rosa! I made it!" Chris exclaimed, sitting down with a man who I assumed was his Dad.

"Chris, Chris's Dad, welcome." I said, smiling at them.

"Rosa, right?" Chris's Dad asked. I nodded, smiling again. "You can call me Sips."

"Well, Chris, Sips, what can I get for ya?" I asked, cleaning some glasses behind the bar.

"Rough nights." Sips replied.

"Want me to make them Bond style, or normally?" I asked jokingly. The look Chris gave me said 'Bond, duh. I want to see Bond style' so I made them and pushed them across the bar, before continuing my shift.

§

I finished my shift went back where my boss came up to me. "Who were those two guys you served at the beginning of your shift?" Ryder asked, running his fingers through his light brown hair and making it stylishly messy.

"Those dudes? They were just my roommate Chris and his Dad Sips, weird name but, whatever. Oh, my roommate is a weirdo, by the way." I said. "But I guess he's actually pretty cool, we sorta go back and forth calling each other names and then I force him to watch the most girlish things I can find."

"Sounds like you guys are pretty close, but that makes sense, you are roommates after all. Oh, I was wondering if you could come in tomorrow at lunch and cover Leanne's shift for her? She can't make it because her little brother has some sort of event, I honestly forget what it was." He said sheepishly, ruffling my hair again like he had done at the start of my shift.

"Sorry, it's the start of school, and I have an essay already." I said apologetically. "I have to work on it."

He shrugged and smiled. I noticed he was inching closer, his eyes were full of nervousness and looked at my face, darting my my eyes to my cheeks to my lips. He paused and I could see him take a deep breath. His hand touched my shoulder tentatively as he inched closer, no longer making eye contact.

I figured out what he wanted and leaned it, peaking his lips before backing up slightly. "I'll be back tomorrow." I promised.

"You're essay..." He trailed off, expecting me to explain.

"I won't be coming tomorrow as an employee." I explained, before turning on my heel and walking away.

Super Short, but I promised a certain someone I would update, *cough* @ElliePuggedRage *cough*