Chapter 15

Rosa's POV 

Gun out, crouched to the ground, looking around. I had killed so many, so much had happened. I kept looking around to make sure I knew I was alone. I heard gunshots and moved along the ground as fast as I can, getting into the building coloured with blue.

Someone must've heard me come in because they ran, gun out. I didn't have time for this. I shot him quickly, then moved past him, walking over his corpse. I did the usual, and quickly placed a grenade at the exit and grabbed the blue flag. 

Two people ran in but died due to my bomb that went off at just the right time. I ran out with the flag, keeping as low to the ground as I could. I ran, and soon I was getting shot.

"Nonononono." I muttered, trying to run away. I couldn't just leave the flag there! This was my escape and I was going to do it right! I ran away from him but someone else shot me and I soon died. 

I threw my controller onto the floor and put my head in my hands. Halo was fun and all, but not right now.  "Why did I have to find out about that." I muttered, looking down at the controller at my feet. 

I had finally stopping being angry at myself, stopped trying to think of a solution to the problem and just went for it. I had stood up and left the dorm, going next door to Al's dorm. 

I had knocked on the door, but no one answered it. Thinking, 'fuck it, I need to explain what happened' I opened the door, (which she had left unlocked, thank God). What I had heard made me want to scream. 

I had heard something I never wanted to hear. The sounds of Alex and Chris... well... you get the picture. I had run out of the dorm, tears in my eyes. So this is how Alex felt. I feel like such an idiot, I should've gone after her faster. That wouldn't have happened if I'd just explained.

I sighed and stood up, kicking the controller across the floor. I picked up the TV remote and turned it off. I walked over to my bed and plopped down, staring up at the ceiling. What was I gonna do?

Chris's POV

"Dirt on Rosa, dirt on Rosa." I muttered, walking quietly around the dorm. I had agreed to help Al by getting something on Rosa so she could get revenge. Did I feel bad? Yes. Was I drunk when I agreed? Yes. Is Alex drunk and scary at the moment? Hell yes. 

I found her phone on the kitchen counter, lighting up with new messages. I picked it up, glancing at the screen. I sighed, maybe I wouldn't tell Alex, but maybe, just maybe, if I did a little snooping I would find out why she was kissing Ross.

I pushed down my guilt and unlocked her phone, easiest password ever. I went to her messages and saw two people had been messaging her. Ross (of course), and Ryder. I looked at Ryder's first. He was... apologizing? For what? I scrolled up, and found a text from Rosa, the last one she sent to him, 

'I FUCKING SAW YOU WITH HER! DON'T EVEN TRY TO LIE TO ME YOU ASSHOLE! I HOPE I NEVER SEE YOU AGAIN YOU CHEATING BASTARD! I HATE YOU! STAY OUT OF MY LIFE! WE ARE OVER!!!!'

I stared at it in shock. I was going to kill Ryder, I would fucking kill him. I took a deep breath, repeating in my head You're mad at her. You're really mad. 

I snapped out of it when I saw a text from Ross light up her screen again. 

'We need to explain to them what happened.' It said. I unlocked her phone again and looked at their chat, yet again pushing down the guilt that I felt in my stomach as I looked through her phone like an over-protective parent. 

Rosa: I wish they could know what happened! This is BAD!!

Ross: I know! You were crying! I hugged you! We weren't kissing! I wish they would see these messages!

Rosa: Me too, Ross. I want them to know, but Alex won't look my way, let alone talk to me or some within 10 meters of me!

Ross: She won't come near me either, and Chris won't listen to shit. 

Rosa: It's not their fault.

Rosa: I have to go.

Ross: Bye, I hope we can fix this.

I read it over again, astonished. When I finished I convinced myself it was real. And I bet I know why she was crying. I had to tell, Al. But she's drunk, and I need proof. I already feel bad about going through Rosa's phone, and I don't want her to find out I took it. 

I sighed and put the phone back down where it was, powering it off. I took out my own phone and texted Rosa, knowing she would've locked herself in her room. 

I sighed and sent the message:

Chris: I'm sorry. I should've trusted you.