Chapter 5: Emma

Every time I go to the market and I pass the store the Mr. White came out of the first day we started walking together. He always waits for me to pass. He comes out and we have little talks when I'm walking back to the house. One day when we were walking back it felt different then most days.

"How are you? Miss Emma," Mr. White asked me.

"Great, how are you Mr. White?" I ask him glancing up at him.

"Wonderful, I have a question for you," he says.

"Go ahead, ask the question," I say stopping at a bench and I sit down and he sits down next to me.

"If you could have anything in the market what would it be?" he asks looking at me curiously. I think about that question for a couple minutes.

"If I could have one thing, I would want one of my favorite author's books," I say honestly and I look up at him. He smiles at me and nods his head.

"That sounds like a wonderful thing to ask for," he says and we both get back up and finish walking. I head back to Mrs. Brown's house. Mr. White heads back to his carriage. Getting back to the house and going through the back door. I put everything away. I find Mrs. Brown looking out the window.

"We are having the Knights over for dinner tonight. Can you please prepare a dinner for four tonight, Emma," She asks nicely.

"Yes, I will go and start on that right now." I say, heading back into the kitchen. I make some fish and other sides that would go with the main dish. Then I bake some bread and sugar cookies.

I go and set the table while I wait for the bread and cookies to stop baking. Getting the candles out and lighting them. I finish setting the table and go into the kitchen. Taking the bread and cookies out of the oven. I put everything on the right dishes. Mrs. Brown comes in and smiles.

"Everything smells so wonderful," she says.

"Thank you, Madam," I say softly and there's a knock on the door. Fixing my apron, I go and open the door. The Knights come in and I take their coats and hats. I put them up in the closet and showing them to the dining room.

They all start talking to Mrs. Brown. I go and check on the food, bringing the first dish out, which were the salads and bread. I wait 15 minutes , then I go and grab their plates. Then bringing out main dish. Which was the fish and I take it out to them. Finishing that, I begin to refill their drinks. I do some of the dishes and I wait 30 minutes this time so they can take their time eating.

Finishing up with the first round of dishes. I go and refill their drinks again, grabbing their plates. Mrs. Brown leads them into the sitting room. I start a fire and I go, bringing in the tea and the cookies. Walking into the kitchen and finishing up the dishes. I go back to the sitting room and refill their tea and taking the plate of cookies into the kitchen, finishing up. I wait in the corner of the sitting room for any instructions that Mrs. Brown may want me to do to.

An hour later, they finally finish talking and I walk to the door, grabbing their coats and hats. I hand them their things and close the door behind them. I walk into the sitting room and grab the remaining plates, taking them to the kitchen.

"Emma, thank you for cleaning up," Mrs.Brown says.

"It's not a problem," I say back. I stay late into the night cleaning up the sitting room and kitchen. Walking to my room and I change into my nightgown. Brushing my hair out and I start to think about William.

I think about him all the time, the way he made me smile over the past couple of days that I've seen him.