Chapter 8: William

I wake up and go down to breakfast and I see the morning mail on the table. I look through it and find a letter to me. I see that it's from Mrs. Brown house and sticking the letter in the pocket of my coat. Everyone comes down to breakfast and we all start talking about this week's activities.

Steven comes in, "William, your guest has arrived," he says. I get up a little confused and I go to the door and see my school friend.

"I wasn't expecting you over Henry," I say going and shaking his hand.

"Well, it's nice to see you again William," Henry says and walks into the house and the maids take his things up to one of the empty rooms.

"What brings you back to London?" I ask him.

"Well, I thought since you always visit me in France. I thought maybe I should come over to your side of the street for a week and visit you and your family," Henry says and we walk into the library and I close the door to the room.

"You should have sent a letter to warn me of your coming, I would have had everything ready for you when you arrived," I say politely.

"I wanted to surprise you my friend," Henry says.

"So how has schooling been in France?"

"School has been alright. I came here to take a break from school and my family. They have been giving me grief about not finding a wife," Henry says. When Henry said wife my mind went to Emma hoping that one day that Emma would become my wife and I smile.

"What's that smile for? Did you find a person you fancy?" Henry says with a smirk on his face. I actually blush and smile.

"Yes, she is the most beautiful person I have ever laid eyes on," I say smiling.

"What's her name?" Henry asks.

"Her name is Emma. She works for my old teacher, Mrs.Brown." I say still thinking about her.

"What! She's a maid?" He says and sits up quickly. Looking at me wide eyed.

"Yes, she is a maid and I don't care that she is," I say honestly looking at him.

He nods his head, "True love does make you do crazy things sometimes. Have fun trying to tell that to your Father. He is going to have a big discussion with you." Henry says.

"I haven't told my Father about Emma or my siblings," I say.

"So can you give me a tour of London then my old friend," Henry asks.

"Yes, I can let me go and tell Steven to get the carriage ready for us," I say.

I leave the library and telling Steven to get the carriage ready. When the carriage is ready we talk on the way to downtown London. When we get there we get out of the carriage and start walking.

We walk into a couple of stores and in one store we find the Campbell's out shopping. I introduce Henry to Anne and her mother. I start talking to Anne and we go over and look at the few items on the shelves.