Chapter 17 - Emma

William had invited me over to his house this weekend for a ball that was being held for there family business. I put on a nice red dress. That I got with some the money that my Grandmother had saved up for me over the years. I call for a carriage and I wait outside. I smile as I watch the sunset.

The carriage pulls up and I give the guy directions for the manor and he takes me there. Paying him and I walk up to the manor and a butler takes my shawl. I fix my hair a little as I follow the butler into the ballroom. Smiling and see how beautiful the room was. There was so many people here.

I see William off to the side with his Father talking to some other people that I hadn't seen before. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder and I see a young lady that looks a little like William.

"Hi, my name is Tessa," she smiles. I shake her hand.

"My name is Emma," I smile.

"Its nice to meet you," Tessa says.

"You too."

"What brings you to the ball?" Tessa asks.

"Oh, your brother invited me," I say.

"Oh! You're the Emma that my brother is seeing," Tessa says smiling and then hugs me. I hug her back.

"So my brother told you guys about me."

"Yes, he said that we finally get to meet you tonight," Tessa says.

Tessa and I talk for a while. When William comes up behind me and hugs me. I jump a little and then look at William.

"Hi," I smile.

"Hi beautiful," William says smiling at me.

I blush and Tessa excuses herself.

"Would you like to dance?" William asks me with his hand out.

I smile, "I would love too," I put my hand in his.

William leads me to the middle of the room. We dance for a couple songs and then a slow song plays. Resting my head on William's shoulder. The song ends. Everyone claps and I smile. William leads me close to the front of the room. I see William's Father gets everyone to get quiet and he ask for William to come up. William starts to go and then he holds his hand out for me. I shake my head but he drags me with him.