Chapter 6: William

I wait in the store for Emma to pass. I'm so excited to give Emma my gift from me. I had got her to talk and telling me that her favorite author was William Shakespeare. I went to the bookstore after I seeing her leave and buying her a couple of books. I had them wrap it up for me. Looking out the window one more time. I see her at the window and I smile, waving goodbye to the owner of the store. I walk out and stand in front of Emma.

"Hi Emma, how are you?" I ask.

"I'm good, how are you Mr. White?" She asks me.

"I'm wonderful, I actually have something for you." I say, smiling with butterflies in my stomach.

"You didn't have to do that," she says blushing.

I smile, "but I wanted to."

She blushes with a smile. We go and sit down at a bench in the park. I hand her the bookss and she smiles. She opens that package and she smiles big and I feel the butterflies grow in my stomach.

"I love it, thank you so much," she says with a big smile. I smile big at her. She opens up the books and flips through the pages. We talk for a couple of minutes and she finally says goodbye. I smile and nod my head at her. Going back to the carriage and tell the driver to take me back to the estate. When I get home seeing another carriage pull in.

Getting out of the carriage and walking into the house to see all of the maids quickly moving. I go up to my office and sit down in my chair. As soon as I sit down there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say and move some of my papers around.

Steven walks in, "Sir, your Father has invited the Campbell's over for dinner tonight." Steven says.

"Thank you, Steven," I say and I go to my room. Changing into a nice suit for dinner. I come back down to the sitting room and I see my siblings talking to the Campbell siblings. My father talking to their parents.

My older sister Tessa was talking Anne who was the same age as me. Walking over to my younger brother, David and stand next to him. We talk for a couple of minutes and then Tessa and Anne join in on the conversation. Steven comes in and says that dinner is served. Entering into the dining room and I sit next to Anne, David on the other side.

"How are you, William?" Anne asks me.

"I'm wonderful, how are you?" I ask Anne.

"I'm good, thank you for asking William," Anne says with a smile. The first course comes out and it's a salad with bread. Anne and I have great conversation throughout dinner.

*William's Father and Anne's Mother*

"They would make a wonderful couple wouldn't they," Anne's mother says taking a glance at William and Anne talking to each other.

"Yes, they would make a great couple," William's father said.

"It would be a great time for our families, if they did get married," Anne said softly.

"Yes it would be," William said, looking at his son. "In a couple of days there is going to be a ball for my daughter's birthday. You and your family should come," William's father said.

"That sounds wonderful of course we will come," Anne's mother says.

*William and Anne*

Anne and I talked all the way through dinner. When the night comes to an end. All of the girls retire and I go to my office. Finishing up some of my paper work and I start thinking about Emma. Suddenly get the urge to write a letter to her. I start writing to her and I decide in the morning that I will send it out when we get the newspaper tomorrow morning.