chapter 4

(Shane's POV)

I took of my sweater revealing what hardly anyone knew.

"Shane..." he starts to say, i put my head down in shame. does he still want to be my friend? "why?"

"because my life's a mess, I had no friends until you came along. my father abuses my family and i and I'm constantly reminded how worthless I am at school to! why was I even born?" I mumble.

(joeys POV)

I didn't know how to react. I felt really bad for him. he has to put up with alot. i didn't say anything I just hugged him letting him cry on my shoulder. we probably stayed like that for probably 10 minuets when my mom came in.

"joey?" she asks

we both look at her.

"Shane what's wrong?" she asked

"I was sick but I think I'm feeling better now" he replies staring at his feet.

she walked out closing the door behind her. I waited for her to close her own door before starting to talk.

"Shane please don't hurt yourself again"

I wish I could protect him I really do.

"I promise" he smoked slightly "now we should probably go to bed, its almost 1 am."

(Shane's POV)

i couldn't sleep. I looked over at joey who was fast asleep. he looked so perfect when he slept.

I wish he was mine and i was his but that will never happen. I'm in love with him. I sigh and lay back down and tried to asleep.

I woke up to someone shaking me. I look to see joeys perfect face.

"Shane wake up, were gonna be late for school!" he said

I got up and 30 minuets later we were on our way to the bus stop.

"thanks for letting me stay last night." I smiled as the bus pulled up. as soon as I got on the bullying started.

"what were you doing at the new kids house?" sawyer snickered

I just ignored him as I sat down beside joey.

"we should hang out again soon!" Joey said

"yeah how about Friday?"

"that will work!"

I smiled. I still can't believe someone actually wants to hang out with me.

the bus got to the school and I did my regular routine of running into the school trying to avoid any danger.

(joeys POV)

I lost Shane in the crowd of people so I decided to go try to make some more friends. I walked up to guy who was sitting alone and introduced myself to him.

"hi I'm joey"

"hi I'm Caspar. where did you move from?" he asks

"Boston." I replied

we continued to talk and soon we became friends. he introduced me to his group of friends, Ingrid, troye, tyler, Sam and Connor.

during the last period Shane didn't come to class. I texted him asking him where he was but he didn't reply. I was worried that he was getting beat up so I asked to use the washroom and went looking for him. I couldn't find him and he still hasn't replied to my text. I went back to class and sat there hoping he was OK.

(Shane's POV)

I got a text from my dad, he said he was going to pick me up and I had to wait outside. I knew I was in trouble. I waited outside and as soon as i got in he took my phone.

"Hello faggot" he smirked "where were you last night?"

I didnt reply I just looked out the window.

When we were almost at the house he pulled over and told me to get out. I was happy I wouldn't have to drive with him.

I got out and started walking down the side of the road when i hear the engine of the car right behind me. I look and see he was about to run me over. I couldn't run, I now understand the expression 'a deer in headlights'. My life flashed before my eyes. I would never get to see joeys perfect face again. I was going to die without telling him the truth about my love for him. The car was getting closer as I felt a sharp pain run through my body. I imagined joey face as the world went dark around me. Am I dead?

---------------------------------

I'm sorry for such a cliff hanger but I had to make this interesting...

Anyway I try to update everyday or every second day but schools starting soon so I don't know if I'll be able to. But I'll try!