chapter 5

(Shane's POV)

what's that annoying noise? I thought heaven would be quieter then this, oh wait I'm probably in hell. I hear voices, joeys and my moms, maybe I'm not dead?

I try to open my eyes but I'm to weak. I just wanted to see joeys face again.

(joeys POV)

I look at Shane's perfect face. he still hasn't opened his eyes, he was hit by a car. everyone thought he was dead and if he wasn't dead he was going to die. if i hadn't of found him by the time i did his changes of survival would have a been extremely low.

I would kill who ever did this to him. no one just runs someone over and doesn't even notice, someone wanted to kill my Shane.

"I'm going to go get food, do you want anything?" Teresa asks me

"no I'm good thanks" I reply, I was to upset to eat.

she walked out the door and down the long hallway. As soon as she disappeared out of my sight I started talking to Shane as if he could reply.

"Shane i love you, I'm in love with you. I want to be with you. I want to protect you from the world. your so perfect everything about you is perfect. I wish you could see that." I gently kiss him when his eyes shoot open.

great. now he thinks I'm a freak. I've just ruined my life.

"do you really mean that?" he blushes  

I turn away embarrassed, when he suddenly grabbed my face kissing me.

"because I'm in love with you to."

I was about to kiss him when shanes mom came in.

"Shane your awake!!" she cheered putting down her food and hugging him.

the doctor came in about 10 minutes after Shane woke and asked us to go wait in the waiting room.

(Shane's POV)

"hi Shane my names Dr. Locke. I'm here to ask you a few questions." the doctor gently smiled

"do you remember how you got Here" she asked

I nod. I know exactly how I got here. my dad tried to kill me.

"good" she says writing that down on her notebook. "can you tell me what happened?"

I pause. do I tell her the truth? maybe he will be thrown in jail and my life wont be as miserable but will they believe me? well here it goes.

"my dad picked me up from school but half way home he told me to walk and I got out and t-then he hit me."

she looked at me with sorrow.

"was it on purpose?"

I nod sadly "he wants to kill me."

she walked out as I started crying.

(Teresa's POV)

I was pulled into a room for questioning by a doctor and a... cop?

"please sit down" the doctor motions

"I'm Dr. Locke and we have a few have questions."

"okay" I say

"is your husband in anyway an alcoholic and or abusive?" the police asks

I was about to break down in tears. I didn't know how to reply. did Shane tell them?

"h-hes a heavy alcoholic and he s-sometimes hits us." I finally say

"do you believe he would try to kill your son?"  

I didn't reply I just sat there and sobbing.

"would you like to talk to Shane?" she said realising I wasnt going to reply.

I nod my head as I stand up and follow the doctor to his room. the doctor left leaving Shane and I alone.

""did he really do this to you..?"

-----------------------------

I'm sorry I haven't updated in forever. I left my book that had thus chapter in my locker over the week end. thank you so much for reading!

my twitters @joeysfuturewife if anyone wants to follow me...