Chapter Two

Hey!!
Ramzan Mubarak!!

One year and two days ago, I announced this book. Abhi Tak gardi aage hi Nahi badhi 😂😂🙈

~*~*~*~*~*~*
HAFSA's POV
(Houston, Evening)

"There, careful," I instructed two men, as they placed a table right in the middle of the restaurant. I had booked it all for tonight's date. Tum bhool Gaye Shehry par Mujhe yaad hai. Aaj Ke din tumne yahi Mujhe propose kiya tha.

I turned around to look at person who was bringing in a four-pillared tent. I know it was unnecessary inside the hall but I still wanted it for the sake of it. While they wrapped the pillars with fairy lights and balloons, I watched silently. The whole hall was full of white and purple balloons. I know Shehry would find it cheesy but I think a little touch of romance was needed tonight.

"Ma'am, if you could check the music arrangements," a girl approached me and I shook my head. "I trust your service."

Glancing at my phone, I realised it was seven already. I should be getting ready now.

Grabbing my duffle bag, I went to their grand washroom and locked the door from inside. I took my sweet time for doing my makeup since I wanted to look good tonight. Gah! A few more hours and I can't wait to be on that mini dance stage with you, Shehry.

When we first started dating, he would take me on ball dates and we used to dance all night. But it all gradually came to a stop. I don't blame him though; I know he is busy working that sexy butt off to get on top of the ladder and I support him. But sometimes I just miss our cheesy conversations, surprise dates, family dinners, picnics, long drives, late night phone calls. I miss him.

My heart clenched at the thought. Main lakh jhuklaun iss baat Ko par Mera Sherhy badal raha hai.

My phone's ringtone snapped me out of my thoughts and I quickly answered it. "Kahan ho?" I asked instantly.

"Ghar pe," I heard mama's voice and slowly pulled the phone away from my ear to glance at the screen.

"Aap hein," I sighed in the phone again and wiped the corners of my eyes before those unruly tears could ruined my make up.

"Kyu kiske phone Ka intezaar tha?" Mama asked and my gut clenched. Woh phir ulta seedha na sunaye.

"Let me guess, Shehry Abhi tak Nahi aaya," she spoke before I had a chance to.

"Nahi, main bathroom mai hoon mama, maybe he is outside. I'll go check," I told her and heard her sigh.

"Hafsa, beta kya Kar rahi ho tum? You know I like Shehry a lot par uska shaadi Se pehle yeh haal hai toh baad main kya hoga?"

"Koi haal Vaal Nahi hai. Busy hai woh mama. Aur usne kaha hai woh Hussain Se baat karega," I told her, throwing my make up brushes in their pouch.

"I don't like the way he ignores you. Baar baar tumhein Zabardasti uski attention grab karni parti hai," she spoke.

"Aisa Nahi hai mama. We are too casual with each other that I don't even expect him to surprise me in cheesy ways with roses and what not anymore," I lied as defended Shehry, "Aur phir baba bhi toh busy rehte hein. Iska matlab yeh toh Nahi woh aapse pyaar Nahi karte."

"Unki toh baat hi mat karo tum," she chuckled and I could imagine her blushing right now. It's cute how she still turns crimson whenever anyone mentions baba or his ways of showing his affection towards her.

"Acha main rakhti hoon mama, Shehry aa Gaya," I lied again, faking enthusiasm in my voice, and ended the call before she could catch my lie.

While keeping my things in my bag, I dialled Shehry's number and placed the phone between my ear and shoulder. It kept ringing for a long time before the line went off. Sighing, I held my phone again and flicked him a quick text.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें