Chapter Sixty

Heyyyy!!!

Long time no see!!  I almost slept without updating again🤣

In all honesty, I waited for people to vote on chapter 59 before updating this one. Not enough people voted and then I got busy and kind of lost interest in the whole frequent update thing 🙈 and that's why it took me foreverrrrrr.

And I kept saying I need to edit before updating. I haven't even done that 🙄

Also, if you have any questions for any of my characters, MaryamJaffar2 is doing a fun interview. You can send her questions if you like.

It will be embarrassing if no one did 🙈

Anywayyyyy....

Brace yourself for some (very little) drama 🤣 this is a looooooong chapter.

Happy reading!!
————————

Recap:
Pakeezah crashes the car after meeting Aahaana. Hussain blames Aahaana but realises it's unlikely that she could have damaged the car.
Pakeezah googles Hussain and he gets angry. He leaves for shooting and after Yasmeen talks to him, he finally calls Pakeezah to apologize.
Fahad warns Shehryaar and tells him to stay away from Sanam. Shehryaar realises he had rejected Sanam's rishta without even realizing.

***

SANAM's POV

I blinked once. I blinked twice. Thrice. Shit!

I turned around, taking in every detail one by one. The balloons on the floor and the ceiling, the flowers and the confetti that covered every corner– every inch– of my office.

One thing I was grateful for was that the balloons were at least not pink or else I would have thrown up on the wooden floor of this small room. That is, if the balloons would even let it reach the floor.

Oh god!

"Welcome back," a soft male voice purred near my ear and I spun around instantly. Strangely, my heart sank a little when I saw Fahad, smiling at me.

"How did you—" I frowned, not sure what I wanted to ask him. How did you know I am finally coming back to work? Or how did you cover this entire place in balloons?

"I bribed Andrew," Fahad shrugged and ran a hand through his hair, "kind of threatened him to keep me informed."

"I haven't seen you in so long! And you wouldn't answer my phone calls either," He complained, throwing his head back, "it made me realise that it kills me when I don't see you. So I have decided, from now on, you can grieve over these animals all you want but do it in front of me."

His voice was soft but one thing rang loudly in my ears. I have decided. He said, as if I was child who needed someone else to decide everything for them. He was genuinely concerned about me but it wasn't flattering. Did it even occur to him that I might have avoided his calls because I had decided that I didn't want to grieve in front of him?

"Besides, when I'll be with you, you wouldn't even want to cry over them. Oh, I'll keep you so busy," Fahad smirked at me and I looked down at the balloons. Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Fahad stepped back and reached for his coat's pocket, "I know we haven't dated long enough like you wanted to, but I couldn't wait any longer."

He pulled out a rose from him pocket, "I wanted to bring a ring but mama insisted to wait until the official ceremony," he sighed, "will you marry me?"

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें