Chapter Forty Three

HEYYY!!!

My apologies!! I wrote the chapter, went on a short trip, came back and completely forgot I had to update until someone commented on the previous chapter 😭😂😂

There might still be some typos or grammatical errors🙊

______________
HUSSAIN's POV

"Have a safe flight! I am going to miss you guys!" Pakeezah chirped as the driver loaded the car with bags full of wedding shopping.

"I'll try my best to attend the wedding uncle," I assured Yasmeen's father, but both of us knew it wasn't going to happen. There is just so much work here and even he knows he said it out of formality. Or maybe because he finally realised I am famous?

"Tum aaoge toh humein accha lagega, Hassan beta. Do try, okay?" He smiled at me, patting my back. Yup, clearly still doesn't remember my name.

He moved on to help the driver while Yasmeen pushed her mother and sister inside the car through the back door.

"Where to now?" I asked.

She huffed. "Goa for a week, then Delhi and then finally they leave for New York. I am so done already!"

"Why?" I smirked, "apparently your mom said helping out during a wedding gets you a perfect life partner. What if all this helps you find a Prince Charming?"

"Please," she rolled her eyes, "Pakeezah ka Prince Charming dekh kar, now I don't want one."

"Whatever," I mumbled as my smile fell. The reminder wasn't needed at all.

Yasmeen sighed, deepening her frown. "Look Hussain, She is nice. Please be nice to her."

"Yeah, I was nice too. Look where I landed. They forced me to marry her," I rolled my eyes as I whispered under my breath.

"You can't keep blaming her for that. Come on, do it for yourself. You know you are better than this," Yasmeen sighed again and shook her head, "I can only give you advise. At the end of the day, it's your—"

"Yasmeen we are getting late!" Her father Interrupted our conversation and Yasmeen turned around, signaling him to wait.

Then she gave me a faint smile, "Good luck. I'll see you guys before I leave for New York."

As soon as they drove away, Pakeezah went back inside. She picked up the tea cups from the living area and went straight to the kitchen. I sat down on the couch and turned on the television while she walked around the entire place, cleaning up the already cleaned surfaces. As I flicked through the channels, my eyes followed her every move. We locked eyes a couple of times but none of us spoke. Its going to be hard not having anyone to talk to in this house again. Last week or so with Yasmeen's family was a lot better.

Honestly, I would trade this silence with being called 'Hassan' any day.

"So," I cleared my throat, afraid I might sound like some useless guy who sits on the couch all day long, "uhm what's for dinner?"

The only kind of conversation I could ever have with her!

Pakeezah stopped and frowned at me. "I don't know. Maybe daal and rice. Aapne kuch special khana hein toh bata dein."

"Lets order something?" I asked, "tum bhi cleaning karte karte thak gayi hogi?"

"Aap mera Mazak urda rahe hein?" She scowled instantly, letting go off the cleaning cloth, "apne liye kar lein order. Main apna dekh lungi."

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें