Chapter Forty Seven

Hellloooooo!! You might like it, you might hate it. I don't know.

Oh and there is so much detail because I just had to make you feel uncomfortable.

K bye.

Read vote and comment as you go!!! xx

HUSSAIN'S POV

Bruised forehead. Bloody arm. A long cut on her lower leg. Messy hair. Yellow bathrobe as if she dipped it in turmeric and oil. Pakeezah stood in front of me, her face drenched in tears, begging me to do something. What on earth?

"Woh Mujhe maar daalenge," Her desperate cry snapped me out of my thoughts, and I shifted my gaze between the two of them.

"Chalo!" Amjad uncle ordered once again as he pulled Pakeezah with him. She kept looking at me, this time without saying a single word or fighting for herself. Like she was a peace of cloth that he was dragging across the floor. She looked lost but terror was visible in those eyes.

"She is not going anywhere," I blurted out suddenly as I straightened my back, "she doesn't want to go. I think she already made that clear."

"Tum hote kaun ho humein rokne wale?" I couldn't believe my ears. This man had the audacity to ask me that.

"She is my..." I looked at Pakeezah and inhaled a sharp and urgent breath. When will I finally stop hesitating?

"Chalo yahaan se!" Amjad uncle yanked her arm this time and Pakeezah stumbled forward, her body almost collapsed against at door frame.

I rushed towards Pakeezah but Amjad uncle blocked my way, forcing me to look away from her and at him again.

"She is my wife and she is not going anywhere," I finally said it out loud, as clearly and as firmly as I possibly could. Another tear trickled down her cheek as she blinked at me.

"Humnein keh diya woh humaare saath jayegi toh bas, Jaayegi!"

"Aur aap hote kaun hein yeh decide karne wale?" I asked instantly, leaping forward to hold his arm, "Uska haath chor do. I am warning you. Mere ghar main, meri biwi ke saath badtameezi karne ka koi haq nahi hai aapko!"

"Tum jaante nahi ho humein!" He warned me instead. He still tried to act calm but I could tell anger was boiling up inside him.

"Jaan'na chahta bhi nahi hoon," I rolled my eyes, "meri biwi ka haath chor di jiyein nahi toh main kaun hoon, woh aapko zaroor pata chal jayega!"

"Tum theek nahi kar rahe ho," he clenched his jaw, refusing to let go off Pakeezah's arm.

"Agar aapne uska haath nahi chora toh aur bohot kuch galat ho sakta hai!" I stepped forward and stood between both of them. "Leave. Her. Hand."

"You will regret it, Hussain. Mark my words!" He glared at Pakeezah and then back at me before yanking her arm away. Pakeezah stumbled back, losing her balance, and I quickly turned around, reaching for her hand before she could fall. By the time I wrapped my arm around her trembling shoulders, Amjad uncle had already disappeared.

"Mujhe nahi jaana, please," She still begged me to let her stay, her voice hoarse and cracking because of all the crying and screaming.

"Kaheen nahi jaa rahi ho tum, yaheen rahogi, mere saath," I assured her and pulled her closer to myself, trying to hold her shivering body still. My eyes fell on the bruise on her forehead and I suddenly remembered all the cuts and bruises on her arms and legs.

I couldn't believe someone could treat someone like this!

"Let's get you cleaned up?" I asked her, pushing aside all the questions that kept popping up in my head. Looking down at my own clothes, I realised they were now stained because of Pakeezah's bathrobe. I tried pulling away from her, giving her space to walk, but she lost her balance instantly, falling back on me. She felt heavier this time like she had let go off her body weight.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें