Chapter Fifty one

Heyyy!!

Here is some cute stuff for you guys 😛😌😉

And some not so cute stuff. FYI, I think I like Fahad.

And and. I am still not sure if this chapter came too early😂 there should have been another awkward chapter before this one. But they need to move on because I can't wait for this book to end already. It's ACTUALLY 2020 NOW! Whatttt

_______________

PAKEEZAH's POV

I found a comfortable spot, just under the tree as I sat down, watching Hussain swim. It wasn't a typical sunny day but he chose to get the swimming pool and the outdoor furniture cleaned while I prepared a picnic basket. We made sandwiches along with fresh juice and left our cellphones inside. It's not like I ever got distracted by it but apparently Hussain wanted to avoid phone calls today.

Opening up the basket, I pulled out a new book Hussain got for me. Apparently he saw someone reading it at the shoot and thought I would like it.

"Pata nahi kaisi kaisi romantic novels padhti hein ladkiyaan aaj kal," he had commented while giving me the book and I had laughed at how he had tried so hard to sound and act normal. It was just a book for him but for me it was his first meaningful present.

Midnight Sun. I smiled as I ran my fingers along the front cover. It was black background with blue blobs all over it. The title was written beautifully in a reflective rose gold colour. Small rose gold hearts were covering the entire page. It was such a pretty book!

"Reading?" I looked up upon hearing Hussain's voice and placed a bookmark on the sixth page.

"Yeah, chapter two," I told him as he swam towards the edge and leaned against the tiled boarder, "she just talked about her health and her dream... about her mom."

I frowned at the book. Katie lost her mother at the age of six and cannot go out in the sun because of her Sickness. It might just be a sad and pathetic story. Like mine.

"Read it to me," Hussain suggested.

Hussain kept his hands on the pavement and jumped up. I almost gawked when he hopped out of the pool, letting all the water drip. He flexed his muscles and stretched his arms above his head as he approached me. He shook his head, sending water droplets in all directions and I suppressed a gasp when some of them landed on my face. When he bent down to pick up his towel, I looked away instantly and shifted uncomfortably.

"Come on, you can read to so many people and not me? How's that fair?" He asked me.

Once Hussain sat down on his used towel, I took a deep breath, still trying to calm my heart down. He sat there, staring at me like a curious little boy as I opened the book again, only to realize it was where Katie was fantasizing about her neighbor, Charlie.

"This is where I left, okay?" I explained and gulped, as I lifted the book to block Hussain's gaze, "when he dragged our trash can out on the street after a windy night, he didn't know I was—"

"Not like this!" Hussain interrupted, "with conviction. Thora tone change kar ke. Like you are actually this girl, remember how we practiced?"

I nodded hesitantly. I was going to continue when Hussain pulled the book down, setting it on my lap, "isn't it uncomfortable holding it like that?"

He scooted closer to me to look at the page. Three lines appeared on his forehead and then his lips twitched upwards into a smirk. He looked at me and then pointed at the book, gesturing me to continue.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें