Chapter Twenty Two

Last Updated: 21st December.. wow.

Apologies in advance; it's short. I wanted it to be longer but the scenes weren't fitting together. Hopefully I'll upload again over the weekend :)

I am super excited for the next few chapterS, you will soon find out why :P

PS: sorry for republishing a billion times. I keep spotting spelling mistakes.

RECAP: Omar takes Hafsa out for dinner. Pakeezah applies for English Course, Shehryaar helps her. Someone sends him Hafsa's photos.

PAKEEZAH'S POV
*few weeks later*
(More like months, LMAO)

"Good evening everyone!" Miss Afroz announced, cheerfully, like every evening, as she entered the class. I kept my new essay on top of the pile that was already sitting on her desk and picked up the old one before quickly heading towards my seat.

"Looks like all of you have submitted your essays on time!" She spoke as she took her seat. I took out my book and pen and kept them on the table before flipping to the last page of my essay to see the grade. There was a B+ written in thick red ink. I sighed out of satisfaction and out of disappointment as B+ was better than last time but I had aimed for A.

"Okay so Let's start by sharing what you did today and let's start with...." as usual, she picked up the essay that was on the top of the pile, "Pakeezah."

I took a deep breath and stood up, "good evening everyone, my name is Pakeezah," I began like I always do, "it was a very hot day today so I mostly stayed inside. I edited my essay, cook food and listened to some music. I went to the mall for one hour and my mother in law buyed me a new kurta."

Miss Afroz stood up and gestured me to sit before speaking, "I like your confidence. But you cooked food not cook because you already did it in the past. Also, can someone tell me what is the past tense of buy?"

Oh no.

Sana raised her hand to answer, "bought."

"That's correct, Sana," miss Afroz smiled, "so Pakeezah's mother in law bought a new kurta for her."

I opened my book and wrote down the two words while miss Afroz picked up the next essay from the pile, which happened to be Yunus' and then Mahveen's. She and her baby have become my good friends now. Her bump was growing as fast as our friendship was.

You see what I did there? I have been learning similes and metaphors.

"Okay everybody, turn to page fifty-three," miss Afroz announced once everyone had shared what they did during the day. She specifically stretched the words 'fifty' and 'three'. The page contained twenty-five words that we had to practice writing during class and then take them home to memorize their spellings. We also had to pick ten words out of those twenty five to write sentences over the next seven days.

I sometimes surprise myself how quickly I can memorise spellings; it's like they were always hiding somewhere inside my head, eagerly waiting for me to pick up an english book or even a magazine. Now I see words on a paper and I recognise them; I know what they mean. Well. most of them. I know how its spelt P-L-E-A-S-E and not P-L-E-E-Z; how the word sorry looks like on a paper; how to greet someone confidently and even introduce myself properly. I may not be able to read or form complex sentences just yet but I can put words together and try my best to understand them.

Bezubaan Ishq #Wattys2019 #MissionDesiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें