Chapter 21

A/N:Towards the end of this chapter there will be a time skip of about a week. I will say it's there so that there is no confusion. I just wanted to give a heads up. Hope you enjoy xx

Niall
As soon as we got home, I called Alex to see if she could come over so we could talk about the text she sent us. I also threw in that her Aunt Maura wanted to see her. I knew that would get her here sooner and possibly calm her from whatever is so urgent. My mum and Karen made cookies up for the occasion. And we also made sure we had milk, requested by Liam. We also got hot water going for whoever may want tea. Just as they pulled the cookies out of the oven, we heard a knock on the door. Liam ran to the door to get it as I just sat at the table and took in the luscious aroma of peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I'm sure gonna hate when they leave.. Thankfully we have them for another week. We extended their ticket due to them both reluctant to leave during all this mess going on. And in the words of my mum, she wanted to make sure her baby boy was doing better be for she flew back home. Liam came back into the kitchen with a smiling Alex. She went immediately to my mum and took her in to a big hug. After there hugging session, we all sat down around the table.

"I seen that guy come talk to you today after my announcement", Liam said as he looked at Alex. "Is this what is so urgent?", Liam asked as he looked at her. She nodded her head and went on to explain.

"They know that I am Nialls cousin. They know that I have inside access to your situation. He wants me to give full stories to make this more interesting to the public, even if it means I lie a little. Anything and everything that is going on in your life that would remotely have to due with you resigning. Even things that you don't want the media to know yet. They even want me to get into Harry and Louis' business just to make their sales go up. I know a lot about you guys but it's not my place to say anything. He told me to do this because my job is on the line if I don't", She explained to us. All of us just looked at her with shocked looks.

"Can they really do that?", I whispered out to myself, but Liam heard.

"Babe, they can do that. As unfair as it seems, they can. They do it all the time. That's where their 'sources' come from", Liam explained

"I told them no and walked off. I need a job but backstabbing my family or giving private information just for extra cash is not the way I want to earn it", She said. I could tell she was conflicted. Yes, she still works at the club. But being a writer/reporter for a well known magazine/paper pays a lot more than we are able to pay her.

"I know someone that would love to hire you. She is well known. She is the best. She has done so much damage control for us over the years. She earns her money honestly. And points out the bullshit stories and corrects them", He said with a big grin on his face. When realization hit me, I looked at him with big eyes and a grin to match it

"Kathleen! She is an angel!", I said as I looked at Alex. "She would take you under her wing and show you the ropes, in an honest manner", I explained to her

"I can talk to her if you want me to. She would probably hire you on the spot since the magazine you're working for is her enemy. She hates them with a passion because of what they do.", Liam explained.

"Would she still hire me knowing where I come from, though?", She asked hesitantly.

"especially knowing that, just to piss them off", Liam said. "But she would gladly take you knowing that you're leaving that place for that reason"

"okay. Talk to her, pretty please", She said a pleading eyes. Liam got on his phone straight away and sent a message to her. Wasn't long before she responded saying that she does have a spot and she would love to meet with Alex. Cheers all around