Chapter 6: Turning Human Again

"Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary." Sunggyu chanted to the mirror of Eunji's bathroom. Eunji entered the bathroom with a toothbrush and toothpaste. She saw Sunggyu and sighed.

"Get out."

"No! I'm trying to summon my friend!"

"Friend?"

"Bloody Mary!" said Sunggyu and pointed to the mirror. Eunji looked at her and Sunggyu's reflection in the mirror, there was no "Bloody Mary".

"There's no bloody girl there, Gyu."

"It's because I haven't summoned her yet!"

"Why would you even be friends with Bloody Mary anyway? Move!"

Sunggyu pouted as he moved out of Eunji's way.

Most people think that ghosts are antisocial to each other. Busy scaring humans and stuff, but it was not true.

Yes, they're scary, but does that mean they're not friends with each other?

---

Sunggyu floated next to Eunji, who was walking to the janitor's closet. "I'm gonna go in here to get some stuff, ok? Either stay here or go back home!" said Eunji.

Sunggyu saluted her. "Don't you worry! I will stay right here!" he said.

As Eunji entered the janitor's closet, Sunggyu boredly sat down on the floor. "Aish, how boring.." he mumbled.

Suddenly, the lights started turning off. "Bweoya? So dark!" complained Sunggyu.

All of a sudden, he heard a little girl giggle down the hallway.

"Omo! Could it be..."

Sunggyu got up and ran down the hallway.

It was exactly who he was expecting.

"White lady!" called Sunggyu as he saw a tall and super pale girl. The girl turned around, her face as terrifying as ever.

"Who are you?" she asked in a soft voice.

"Ah, I'm a ghost too! Ghost of that scary house you probably hear about. No need to scare me, because I know you. White lady, right? Really famous ghost?"

The girl didn't answer and floated to Sunggyu. She held his chin and inspected his face.

"Oh, you're actually a ghost."

Sunggyu shook her hand off his chin.

"Wait, you didn't believe that I'm a ghost?!"

"Most ghosts are pale and look like corpses, but you though, you still look human."

"I do?"

White lady nodded.

"Have you died just recently?"

"No.. I died in 1997!"

"That's really strange. You've been dead for 19 years now. But you still look so alive."

"No... white lady! This is so creepy!"

Sunggyu felt chills under his spine. White lady was right. If you were dead for that many years, you'd be looking like a corpse in your ghost form. But Sunggyu still looked fresh and stuff. Why is that?

---

Sunggyu sulked on Eunji's bed.

"What's wrong with you? You've been sulking for almost an hour now." said Eunji. Sunggyu didn't reply and continued sulking.