Chapter 10: Don't fall for him

Sunggyu's POV

I've thought about it, but... it just won't work out.

A ghost, and a human.. it's not meant to be.

I love Taekwoon hyung. I've spent my life and afterlife with my brother for a long time. And I want him to have his happiness. But what happiness would he achieve... if he can't even be with Eunji for the rest of her life? There's no guaranteeing that Eunji will turn into a ghost too, what if she goes straight to heaven? What if she leaves me and Taekwoon hyung all alone?

My gaze stayed on Eunji. It was true, she resembled Jiyeon from head to toe. I can definitely understand why hyung fell for her. But he can't stay with her. Forever, atleast.

"Sansan.." I finally call out to her. She turned around to face me, wearing her school uniform. Because as always, I was walking home with her.

"You don't... love Taekwoon hyung, do you?" I asked. I observed her expression, she immediately became flustered, her cheeks becoming red. Just like Jiyeon when I asked her if she liked my Taekwoon hyung.

"What nonsense are you spouting?! I don't! He's just a friend to me," she said. I smiled faintly.

"That's the case, isn't it?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, so.. don't ask anymore!" she waddled away.

I sighed and looked up at the sky.

Jiyeon.. when will hyung get over you?

----

I blocked Eunji from getting out of the door. "Hey! I was going to my parents!" she yelled at me.

"Don't fall for Taekwoon hyung, Sansan," I managed to spurt out.

Eunji froze.

She definitely likes him too.

"... why?"

"You know why. Ghosts and humans just don't match."

"I... never said I like him."

That's because you don't realize it.

"But why are you suddenly asking me this?" she asked. I didn't answer her question. I might accidentally tell her about Jiyeon, then I'd be in big trouble.

"Yah! Kim Sunggyu!" she yelled as I quickly flew away from her.

I'd have to tell her someday. Tell her that Taekwoon hyung can't be hers.

----

Eunji's POV

Aish, Sunggyu is so weird. Me? He thinks that I like Taekwoon oppa? I don't, even though he is very attractive! It's just that I don't think of him in that way. How annoying.

But.. I mean.. would it really be a bad thing if I liked Taekwoon oppa? Sunggyu makes it sound like a bad thing, but if I really did like him, it wouldn't be so bad, would it?

You know why. Ghosts and humans just don't match.

Oh yeah, then that's the problem is it..

I mean, it's not like I like Taekwoon oppa or anything!

... right?

"Eunji." I heard Taekwoon oppa call me.

OH DEAR LORD MY HEART IS FLUTTERING TAEKWOON OPPA IS OH SO BEAUTIFUL!

Yeah, well, I don't like him that way.

"Do I?" I mumbled to myself.

"Did you say something?"