Chapter 24

Sanaya's P.O.V :-
Sanaya woke up with a pain in her abdomen on the right side. She dismissed it and looked around the room. Jay had been fast asleep when she had come up last night, a fact she was thankful about. He wasn't in the room now either. As she got up from the bed, she winced in pain as her abdomen hurt again. She wondered why this pain had started again. The last time was a week back, before the wedding and it hadn't been as painful. She also felt queasy. She must have eaten something that didn't suit her. After all, the past few days hadn't exactly comprised of healthy food. Sanaya started her workout after the pain ebbed away and after a while the pain struck again and she had to stop her workout and sit down on the floor. Jay found her like that when he entered the room but said nothing. She got up slowly and sat on the bed as she waited for him to come out of the washroom. It was really paining a lot and now she was worried. She would have to make an appointment with her doctor today. Jay came out after a while and Sanaya got up slowly and walked to the washroom extremely carefully. "Sanaya?" Sanaya turned around slowly to find Jay looking at her peculiarly. "Are you alright? Are you in pain? You're walking differently. " Sanaya debated whether to tell him the truth but decided against it. "I'm fine. Just sore from the new exercises I started. " Jay nodded but didn't look convinced. Sanaya's abdomen pained her the whole time she took a shower and her queasy feeling intensified. Now she was sick and definitely worried. Sanaya managed to dress up and get out of the shower. Jay was still in the room and talking on the phone. Sanaya sat down on the bed and winced with pain again. She felt dizzy with the pain. She called out to Jay but her voice was rather feeble so he didn't hear her. She saw Jay turn around and the next thing she knew she was being pulled into this darkness that relieved her from the pain.

Jay's P.O.V :-
Jay turned around to see Sanaya fall down on the bed with her eyes half open and rushed to her, his phone falling to the floor. He shook her but she didn't respond. He sprinkled water on her face but she still didn't respond. He felt her hands, they were cold. He picked his phone up from the floor and called his doctor to inform him of the situation. He told Jay to immediately bring her to the hospital. Jay quickly shoved his mobile, his wallet, car keys and Sanaya's phone into his pocket. He rummaged through her purse and took out her driving licence and took that too. He scooped her up in his arms and ran down the stairs,  yelling for his mother. His mother went pale seeing the scene in front of her. He rushed to the door and at the same time explained the situation to his mother and told her to stay at home and inform his parents in law and his father. He also told her which hospital he was taking her to. His mother followed him outside and opened the car door for him and leaned the car seat back to the maximum for him to place Sanaya. He placed Sanaya down gently and clipped the seat belt in place. He told his mother to calm down and stop crying, even though he felt anything but calm. He got in the car and drove like a maniac to the hospital. When he arrived, the hospital staff were waiting with a stretcher in the parking lot. They placed Sanaya on the stretcher and took her away to the section called, 'Emergency', Jay following behind them. Sanaya was still unconscious. They fired questions at him and he answered them patiently. They needed to perform some tests on her and he was told to wait while they did that. That moment while he waited was pure torture for Jay because words couldn't describe the anxiety and worry he felt for Sanaya at that moment. He ran his hand through his hair and paced the waiting room impatiently and came to the conclusion that Sanaya had been in pain but lied to him about it. The door opened and a nurse called out his name. She told him that his doctor wanted to speak to him. He followed her and she took him to the room where they conducted CT scans. Sanaya was lying on the stretcher, unconscious and dressed in a short hospital gown. His doctor told him that his wife had an inflamed appendix and would need surgery immediately. It was nothing to worry about but the surgery would have to be done immediately because if not taken out in time, it could be fatal. Jay said, "If she just has an inflamed appendix then why is she not waking up?" His doctor patiently explained to him that his wife had fainted because she was in a lot of pain and when the body reaches the limit till which it can tolerate pain, the body shuts down on its own, almost like a defence mechanism. Jay signed the papers and completed all the formalities while they took Sanaya away to prep her for the surgery. When Jay went up to the floor where the O.T. was situated he found Sanaya awake and lying on a stretcher in a corridor just outside of the O.T. Her face looked pale and her eyes were drooping. She managed a weak smile when she saw him and Jay took her hand in his and said, "You scared me. The least you could have done is tell me that you weren't feeling well. Do you have any idea how scared we all were??" Sanaya had the grace to look ashamed and whispered an apology. A nurse came upto him and gave him a clear plastic bag consisting of Sanaya's jewellery. Her wedding bracelets, wedding and engagement rings and her diamond studs. He took the bag and Sanaya scowled at the nurse. Jay raised an eyebrow and Sanaya said, "She's a bitch. She didn't even let me keep my wedding ring on." Jay smiled at that and said,"It's okay. It's safe with me. You focus on getting better." Sanaya closed her eyes and Jay tightened his grip on her hand. "Sanaya? Are you in pain? " Sanaya slowly opened her eyes and gripped his hand saying, "No.. I think they gave me something for that . It's making me feel sleepy.  I'm scared for the surgery." Jay squeezed her hand. "It's going to be okay, you'll be unconscious and it'll be over before you know it. " Two men dressed in scrubs came to take Sanaya away and Sanaya refused to let go of his hand. It pained Jay to do it but he pried her fingers apart one by one and kissed her forehead, telling her it was going to be okay. The nurse grumbled about having to clean Sanaya up again because he'd unknowingly touched her when he wasn't supposed to. Jay went outside to see his parents, his parents in law and his brother in law waiting outside. They immediately bombarded him with questions and he answered them one by one and told everyone to calm down. They sat there silently or paced about the room, waiting for the surgery to get over, their faces etched with worry.
                       ***
Okay guys, I'm not good with medical stuff so please bear with me.