Chapter 12

Sanaya's P.O.V :-
Sanaya was thankful for Ajay's call that evening. She was indeed, being questioned about him and his plans for the evening. She shuddered every time she remembered how she had ended the call. One good thing about that was the fact that her mother had been very happy that her daughter was happy with her choice of a husband. Sanaya had received some wise words from her mother about how to make a marriage work and she had listened very carefully even though this marriage was just for two years. Two years wasn't a very long time. She was sure they could deal with each other for two years if they kept out of each other's business as much as possible. Her father had not said much because he was a man of a few words but she could sense the emotion he felt as she hugged him tightly. Now, as she was putting the finishing touches to her packing, she wondered whether she was ready to leave her house and go and live in another that would never be like her own. No, she was not ready and moreover, she had nothing to look forward to at his house. Had this been a normal marriage where they both loved or at least accepted each other, the scenario would be different. Their marriage, however, was nothing like that. Sanaya could only see days of struggle ahead of her. Having finished her packing, she turned off the light and tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep. She wondered whether he was sleeping, whether he had returned yet from his bachelor party. According to what he had told her he should be back by now. She scolded herself for thinking about him so much and started reading a book on her phone to calm herself as she needed the sleep. She would again have to up at the crack of dawn to eat her only meal for the day before the sun was up. She would have to fast for the rest of the day. Her only consolation was that he would have to fast too. She would not be the only one suffering. She knew that Ajay found it difficult to fast because he couldn't stay without food. She wondered how he maintained that body when he ate so much. He must work out. She had realised the importance of working out a little to late in her life and her current figure was a result of her diligent work out sessions too. He had always teased her about being too chubby. Thankfully, he would not be able to do that now. Sanaya was a foodie and couldn't compromise on food for the world. She ate everything but in small portions and then worked out everyday without fail. She finally found some peace after thinking about food and working out, two of her favourite things, and went to sleep with no worries about her wedding the next day.
***
Picture of Sanaya's mehendi on the side! Do check it if you do not know what mehendi is. :)