Chapter 16

Ajay's P.O.V :-
Ajay couldn't sleep that night for some reason he couldn't fathom.
Whenever he closed his eyes, all he would see was Sanaya's face when he put the ring on her finger. He had seen some emotion in her eyes that evening. He felt slightly victorious. He knew that she'd been at a loss for words. Her whispered " thank you" had been enough for him to understand what she had wanted to express. He'd hoped to make her feel welcome in her new house. Jay really hoped that Sanaya understood that he wasn't eighteen years old anymore. He was a grown man now. He wasn't going to make the same mistake twice. Jay examined the ring Sanaya had put on his finger that morning. He had felt ecstatic that she had been thoughtful enough to buy a ring for him. The ring was a bit loose, not loose enough to not stay put but not fitting enough to not slip off if he wasn't careful. He would have to make another trip to the jeweler to get it fixed. God forbid he should lose his wedding ring. Now, as he twirled the ring round and round, he came to a sudden realisation. He  wanted this ring on his finger for the rest of his life. Only then did he realise that he had not married Sanaya to let her go. He was determined to win her heart again. People all over the world mostly fell in love with each other and then got married; for him, it was love after marriage. At least he hoped it would be. He was already in love with Sanaya. It was Sanaya who would hopefully fall in love with him now that he had her in the same house as him. He would show her that he had changed and that he loved her little by little. He  knew he had fallen for Sanaya sometime during the span when they had started planning their marriage. All he had to do now was to make her fall for him again. For that he would have to to get her to trust him again. To trust him not to break her heart. He had not expected to fall in love with Sanaya after so many years. Especially when she disliked him for what he'd done to her. He smiled wryly. It took Ajay Roy to be a mature person to fall in love with his beautiful wife. He felt giddy with happiness. He was happy. Being in love with someone was such a beautiful feeling even if she wasn't ready to give him another chance yet. "At least she's yours", his mind said. Ajay now knew that being in love meant that Sanaya's thoughts would always be present in his mind no matter what. He didn't mind. He loved thinking about her. His stomach did somersaults every time he saw her. His breath caught in his throat whenever she gazed into his eyes. Actually, scratch that, his breath caught pretty much whenever she was in the same room as him. He knew he spent majority of his time nowadays staring at her, noticing the way she talked, the change of emotions on her face as she spoke. Ajay was now smiling widely, as he did whenever he thought of Sanaya. He knew he was in deep shit. He couldn't get her off his mind. It was becoming quite difficult for him to get this smile off his face in her presence; she would surely slap him if he smiled without any reason whatsoever. Right now his mind said, "that's enough for tonight. Please let's sleep. You have another set of rituals to go through tomorrow. I need rest too. All this thinking you're doing about a certain lady is frankly very exhausting. "  Jay felt crazy for thinking all this. But then he was crazy. "Crazy in love with Sanaya" - he thought before he plugged in his headphones and hit play on the new playlist containing all the romantic songs he wanted to dedicate to Sanaya and closed his eyes, her face still swimming behind his closed eyelids.
***