what every girl dreams of

The next months fly by. We go to the next scan and the baby is fine. Everyone knows now, and most people are happy for us. We got a bit of hate of Josh’s fans, but they soon realised he’s happy and that’s all that matters. I’m nearly seven months pregnant, and I’m getting pretty big. I look at myself in the mirror, and the dress that is hanging in the wardrobe. Josh and I are going to the Oscars for his latest movie. I hope Josh wins one, he’s always wanted one. I grab my dress out of the wardrobe. It’s a navy blue strapless dress that touches the floor. It’s simple, the way I like it. I wear white flats, I don’t think I’ll be able to wear heels.

Josh walks in and stops dead in his tracks when he sees me. “You look amazing” he comments. “No I don’t. It looks like I’ve stuck a beach ball up my dress” I snap. “Stop it. You look beautiful.” He kisses me and rubs my belly. He’s been great these past five months. I’ve snapped at him so much and he doesn’t get angry at me. We get in the car that waits at the front for us and make our way. Josh is so nervous, he won’t stop bouncing his leg up and down. I take his hand and squeeze it gently. “I love you” I whisper in his ear. “I love you too” he says back and I kiss him. Suddenly all his nerves have gone, but they soon return when the car stops at our destination.

We get out hand in hand and walk down the red carpet. We take thousands of photos and people congratulate us with the baby. We take our seats and on our table are Jennifer Lawrence, Avan, Sam and Woody Harrelson. Our table’s great because we all know each other. The host walks on stage and Josh fidgets in his seat. I place my hand on his leg and smile. Awards are given and it finally comes to Josh’s category. “And the award goes to…” I take a deep breath, “Josh Hutcherson.” I hug Josh and whisper in his ear “I knew you could do it.” He can’t wipe the grin off his face. He walks to the stage and stands by the microphone. He holds his Oscar proudly and starts his speech.

“Wow. I can’t believe this is happening, I mean there were a lot of great nominees. I would like to thank my family for supporting me from the start, they’ve never given up on me.” He pauses. “Someone once told me that love doesn’t have a speed limit, so it can go as fast as it wants. That was my beautiful girlfriend Chantel. You’ve made me the happiest man in the world just being with you, and now we’re starting our own family. So…” One of the assistance comes over to me and leads me to the stage. I don’t get what’s going on. Josh gives the Oscar to the assistant to hold and takes a small velvet box out of his pocket , bending down on one knee.

“Chantel Melia, will you do the honour of becoming my wife?” He opens the box to reveal a silver engagement ring with a diamond and two smaller diamonds on either side of it. Everyone gasps and waits for my answer. “Yes! Yes I’ll marry you.” The crowd clap and cheer as Josh places the ring on my finger, sealing the deal. He stands up and hugs me, making sure he doesn’t squish the baby. “I love you” he says. “I love you too” I cry.