He Found Me Part 2 ➳ Request for Jimenguardian

"Ben...please don't go."

"I don't have a choice, Jimena. I have to go."

"No, you don't! Forget about Snoke, forget about everything, just stay here! Just stay with me!"

"...I'm sorry. I can't. I'll come back for you...I promise."

The tears made it so hard to speak.

"No you won't. You won't even remember me when this is all over. So if you're going just...just go."

His eyes were glistening too.

"Jimena...I could never forget you. I will come back for you."

"....then come back soon."

I wake slowly with our last words ringing in my head, right next to the pain at the back of my skull. The Trooper in the village hit me hard enough to take my senses away for a week. I'm starting to wish that it had, because compared to the ache between my temples, the time I accidentally opened a wound in my leg with Ben's lightsaber wasn't painful at all.

    But worse is the pain of reliving mine and Ben's parting. I'm not crying, but my eyes water all the same. Yes. It probably would've been better if the Stormtrooper had knocked me out for a while longer.

    When the blurriness in my eyes dies down, I find my surroundings to be blank as a slate and cold as if made from ice. It's a chill that I know all too well as the frigidness of space. My father was a pilot, and often times he let me accompany him on flights.

If that fact hadn't given away my whereabouts, the humming sound of a shuttle would have.

    I find lifting my head even more hurtful that I imagined, so with a wince and a groan, I add the use of my arms to the action of lifting myself out of my reclining position.

It's dark. The only light comes from the dim red pods on the roof. My location at the moment is in the small medical cove of the ship, which is sparsely equipped with a flat bed built into the wall with metal cabinets beneath it, filled with medical supplies.

    The area is cramped, obviously an afterthought in the design of the shuttle. It's probably a mandatory feature in a transport of this size, the only reason for its existence in this particular vessel.

It's quiet. So quiet that I can hear my heart beating. It's an eerie quiet.

    And this is where my pulse begins to pick up.

    A smothered, claustrophobic feeling starts to overtake me. The patterns in my head begin to solve. Realization sets in. And I suddenly know where I am.

    After all the years apart...

    ...he kept his promise.

    It makes sense now. Nekati wouldn't have gone through the trouble of shadowing me if the First Order wasn't paying her. An organization such as the First Order doesn't pay for anything unless they want it dearly. And the only reason the First Order would want anything to do with me is because of him.

    I understand.

    Kylo Ren has found me at last.

My inhales and exhales grow rapid and choppy. I raise my hands to my head, only to find them shaking. I feel like a bantha is sitting on my chest. My head hurts. My lungs burn. My stomach churns.