Survive The Night

Sasha stared up at the sky, clutching her throwing stones. She was all alone, unable to find her team. She had severe ankle wounds, she had gotten bit by a snake. She dropped her stones, and groaned. She collapsed her hands over her mouth nervously. The gamemakers could put wild dogs or fireballs anytime they wanted.

All of a sudden, she was pinned. She was being choked, and soon the two young kids recognized each other.

"Adrian!" Sasha threw her arms around the young boys' neck.

The bushes started to rustle. A few snarls echoed in the thick forest, and Sasha looked around nervously.

"Did you hear that?" Asked Adrian in a whisper voice.

Sasha nodded.

"Run!" Came a unfriendly scream from the bushes.

Rapid dogs and untamed wolves came charging out of the bushes. One tackled Adrian, and he collapsed, screaming. Sasha grunted, punching it. The wolf whined, falling backward. Sasha helped Adrian up. Jackson was in front of them, running.

"Run!" Sasha yelled, and the two set off.

The canines were on their tails. Adrain and Sasha stopped, panting. The wolves circled them.

"I cant run anymore" Said Adrian, out of breath.

One tackled Adrian. Sasha ran up a tree. Adrian held back the wolf with a small stick. It snapped, and the wolves charged at him. Blood splattered, but it wasn't Adrian's.

"Just this time" Said Jackson, standing over the dead wolf.

Adrain was panting. Jackson helped him up and then ran off. Adrian scurried up the trees next to Sasha.

Nikki heard the cries, and woke up flying downwards. Jackson passed, and caught her, just by luck. Nikki screamed, meeting eyes with the unfamiliar boy. Jackson dropped her, and grabbed a stone. He threw it at her face, but she rolled out of the way. Nikki screamed again, dodging another stone. She stood up as he turned around, and punched his stomach.

"Gah!" Jackson yelled, collapsing to the ground. Nikki kicked his shin. He stood up wearily and socked her in the face.

Just then she realized she was a thirteen year old girl against a sixteen year old boy.

She stumbled backward, spitting out a mouthful of blood. She punched him again. He grunted, and kicked her in the shin. She fell down, onto her back. She quickly stood up, a stone flying past her face. She screamed again, and Rick leapt down the tree.

"Nikki!" He said, staring at her.

"Watch Out!" Nikki screamed, but Rick was punched in the stomach. He stumbled backward, and hit his head. He fainted, and Nikki looked around hopelessly.

Jackson pinned her. He held up a stone, ready to smash her face. Nikki was crying weakly. He was about to let go. Someone jumped from the tree. Max punched his back, and he let go of the stone. It hit Nikki's stomach, and she grunted.

Max and Jackson stared fist-fighting, while Nikki tried to wake up Rick. Nikki heard grunts and groans, and she flinched. Finally, she pushed both the boys back.

"Stop!" She yelled.

The boys pushed past her, still fighting. She took Max's spear from his belt, and waved it at Jackson. She didn't want to kill him. She didn't want to kill anybody. Jackson stumbled back. Max spat out a mouthful of blood, staring at Nikki. Rick woke up, head spinning.

Nikki threw the spear at him, though she missed. She missed on purpose. Jackson screamed, the spear nearly missing his foot. He jumped into the bushes, flailing away. Nikki watched him leave, panting.