Night #5

Soon, there wasn't very many people left.  

There was a large screen reading some of the top kills:

Aiden and Ethan:  Jessie and Amanda, Noah and Mason, Justin and Carl, and Grayson and Nicholas. Total Kills: 9

"Whoa." Nikki breathed.

Maddison and Ava: Chance and Clove, Ben and Emily, Mathew and Ryan, and Isabella and Mia. Total Kills: 8

Artem and Halsey: Jason and Brooklyn, Cameron and Zach,  and Brad and Blake. Total kills: 6

Vanessa and Ash: Jaylie and Emma, Ken and Blossom, and Lily and Dylan. Total Kills: 6

Nikki and Jackson: Liam and Keith and Breeze and Brian. Total Kills: 4

"And there you go. Our top five. Now, onto the people who will be killed tonight. Eh, I'll only kill three. No pressure. Okay, thats a lie. Next round, I might kill seven. Don't push your luck." Mrs. Eller Chirped. "The first team we will kill is.."

"Anna and Owen! They have no kills!" She showed a picture of some robots killing them.

"ANNA!" Screamed Nikki at the top of her lungs.

Jackson put his hand to her mouth. "Shut up."

Nikki tried to pry his hand off but it was no use. She let a few tears slip down her cheeks. She just watched her best friend die.

"The next, Kyra and Ellie! They had one kill, but remember- You have to kill a team! Therefore, they broke the rules, and got a low kill!" She showed a picture of the same robots killing them.

Nikki's heart broke again. As if someone ripped it out of her chest, crinkled it up, and stomped on it on the floor. "Not Ellie!" She screamed again, feeling Jackson's grip tighten.

"Nikki, I said shut up." He let go and pushed her to the ground.

Nikki grunted, rubbing her arm.

"And the last ones- Taylor and Robbert! Zero kills!" Mrs. Eller ginned darkly and flashed another picture of their death.

Jackson swore a few things under his breath, biting his lip to hold back tears.

Taylor was his girlfriend.

Nikki looked up at him. "I felt that too." She said, punching him hard but gently.

"I never said I cared." Replied Jackson, attitude reflecting in his tone of voice. 

The screen changed screens again. "Alright, there is 36 People left! Congrats. Looks like we have six too many though! Who will be our lucky six to die tonight?" Her face flashed into the screen, as she showed a large bowl with all of the tributes names in it.

Oh no! She could draw Vanessa or Mine name right now! This could be it!  Nikki thought, biting her lip.

"The first lucky person is, Samantha from District 18!" She showed a picture of the floor beneath crying Samantha disappear, and she fell into a pit of acid water, where she immediately died.

"Our second-" She reached into the bowl again, smirking. "Elizabeth from District 19!"  She showed another picture, the same fate happening to her. After a couple seconds, her screams died out and the arena went silent again. 

"The third," She reached into the bowl for the third time, but this time grabbing two slips. She put one back, but the bowl fell. And Nikki saw her name on the top. "Haha, I drew two. Guess I'll have to draw another!" Her hand dove in, and Nikki flinched as her slip was pulled, but slipped from Mrs. Eller's fingers. "Aha, Bill from District 9!" Bill screamed, the same thing happening again.