Night #4

Nikki woke up, still on the floor. She put her fist up, leaning on it. She looked around, everything was pitch black.

"NikkI!" Vanessa said.

"Stop It, Nikki!" She yelled at herself.

"Nikki?" Vanessa said.

"I'm hallucinating!" She yelled. "Stop!"

Vanessa looked confused. "No-"

Nikki plugged her ears. "AHh!" She screamed repeatedly.

She's dead! They are all dead! Its my fault!  She punched herself.

"NikkI!"

"NO!" She yelled.

She plugged her ears and continued screaming. Soon tears joined.

"Max is deadbecause of ME!" She yelled, sniffling.

Vanessa looked hopeless. "Nikki stop!"

Nikki layed on the ground and curled into a ball. She cried herself back to sleep.

Vanessa shook her awake again. "Nikki please, it's me. Your not hallucinating. I promise. I'm not dead, please."

Nikki looked at her. "I'm sorry Vanessa." She hugged her. "We're the last two on our team.

Vanessa wiped a smudge of dirt off of her face. "I'm sorry, That probably wasn't the time."

The two girls kept hugging.

"I'm sorry about Max" Vanessa said, not letting go.

"I-It's okay, I'm fine." Nikki choked on her words.

They kept hugging.

"Don't let go," Nikki whispered, crying into her shoulder.

"I won't." Vanessa said, returning the tears.

"Sorry to spoil the party," Mrs. Eller said, walking behind them.

They stopped hugging as soon as her voice rang out.

Vanessa looked at her wound. It was all wrapped up. "What happened to you?" She asked, rather careless.

Mrs. Eller scowled at Nikki. "She did it. It was a very bad choice." She snarled.

Vanessa's eyes widened. "Nikki, she's going to kill you."

Nikki was silent, staring at her. "Don't make me stab you again."

"Don't be silly, Nikki dear. I've kept you alive. All the people who are still alive I liked. Nice personality. Good life; something I never had. You're my next target. Be ready, you'll be the first to die in round two." Mrs. Eller walked away into he darkness, after flashing a dark smile at Nikki.

Vanessa seized Nikki's hand. "I won't let you die!"

"I'm not going to die." Nikki said, eyes locked where she had left.

I hope she can't see through me, don't show weakness! Stay strong, Nikki! The fear will fade, I promise. Nikki thought.

"Don't be scared, Nikki." Vanessa said.

"Im not scared." She said.

Her angry gaze swept across the forest to find a young boy sitting in a tree, pointing an arrow at her. He gasped once he was noticed. He fired.

Nikki gasped, holding up a piece of wood before the arrow could hit her skin.

"I-I Please don't hurt me!" The little kid screamed, running off.

Nikki felt her soft heart ache. The games were destroying her.

"Vanessa, I'm not fine!" She cried, releasing all her emotions.
She punched the floor multiple times and clenched and grinded her teeth together and collapsed into her friend's arms.
"V, I can't do this!" She cried, sniffling.

Vanessa stared ahead of her. "We'll get through this together."

Sorry this chapter was short! Almost threw my phone off the seats when the Padres scored a point! Decided not to touch my phone for a while... xD