Day #4

Nikki smiled, meeting eyes with Vanessa.

"Nikki!" She half screamed, running into her friend's arms.

Max shrugged, waving hi to Vanessa.

"Where's Rick?" Nikki asked curious.

"He uh," Vanessa said. "He ran off, to find you.. He hasn't come back yet."

Nikki frowned. "We'll find out who is still alive soon."

Nikki wiped a black smudge of mascara off her face. It had smeared when she was crying.
Vanessa! I found you! I'm home! I'm not dead..I'm safe.
Nikki sighed. She gently stroked her brown hair, trying to untangle it.

"Dang it!" She sighed, a large knot forming.

She gave up and frowned. She dug around in her bag but found nothing else to eat. She growled under her breath, stomach rumbling. She pulled out a few moldy pieces of the bird she had killed yesterday and gagged. She threw the prices to the side and watched a few vultures fight over it. The vultures looked weak, they limped around. Nikki walked over. She sat down by one, watching it. Suddenly, it flew up into the air and hissed at Nikki, spiraling down claws sheathed. Nikki screamed, holding up her arms to defend her face. The bird's claws dug into her arms and blood was instantly shed as Vanessa and Anna raced over. Max looked from the bushes, not wanting to fight.

"It won't get off!" Screamed Nikki, blood running down her chest.

"Hold Still!" Vanessa yelled back, trying to pry the bird off of her friend.

"Vanessa, you expect me to hold still?!" Nikki yelled.

Finnaly Anna got the bird off of Nikki and it left with clumps of flesh and skin. Nikki let out a sharp cry from the pain. She gasped instantly as cold water touched her arm wounds as Max poured it. She screamed again. Her body shook rapidly. She panted, holding back tears. Anna tried to help her up.

"Ow-O-Stop please!" Nikki said, pulling back.

Max dumped more water to clean the wound. He cautiously moved around. Nikki looked up, clenching her teeth. She saw more vultures swarming around her.

"C-C" She managed to say.

Anna screamed, multiple birds tackling her. Max yelled as well, one coming close to him. He punched it. The bird squeaked in distress and flew away wearily.

"A-Anna!" Nikki screamed, trying to get up. She did so eventually.

Vanessa shrieked, one clawing at her back as she frantically tried to get the birds off of Anna. Nikki grabbed a stone and threw it at the bird. It was a hit. Blood splattered around the two struggling girls as the dead animal collapsed. Anna got up, and threw herself to the ground, crushing the bird. Vanessa kicked the bird multiple times, and soon the group was left alone.

~~

Nikki, Anna, Vanessa, and Max all stared up at the sky, a large screen appearing. It read the names of the people who have died.

Harper District 20

Grace District 18

Adrian District 4

Ty District 3

Rick District 1

The screen faded into the sky as Nikki's jaw dropped.

"N-No, She's kidding? We only have t-three people on our team." Nikki shivered.

"Nikki, Its alright. Three is better than 1." she told her.