Chapter 10

[First 700 words are copy and pasted]
[The unfinished version of this chapter will be deleted soon after this is published]

[Chapter prolly has a shittaton of mistakes]

Frisk rubbed their neck, breathing heavily. Chara had almost killed them. Frisk slowly stood, trying to discard the thought and focus on chasing after Chara. But they couldn't. Chara had swung their knife at them. Nearly killed them.

They didn't mean it... Frisk told themself. They were just mad... Distressed... They didn't mean to... Frisk dropped their hand from their neck. They were clearly sorry after they came to their senses. I need to focus on finding them... Before they do something...cowardly...

*******************************

Chara collapsed against a wall, breathing heavily. You almost killed Frisk. The phrase repeated in their head over and over again. Chara gripped the heart locket around their neck. "I don't deserve this..." They told themself, "I didn't deserve to be saved!" They ripped the locket from around their neck and threw it into the water, the waterfall carrying it downwards.

They slid down the wall into a sitting position, hugging their knees. They could already feel their LOVE and determination slipping away from them. "I might as well go back to being the soulless demon I was..."

"Chara?" They heard Frisk call. They sunk deeper into the corner of the room, hoping Frisk wouldn't remember the room hidden by the waterfall. Sure enough, Frisk came through the hidden entrance, instantly noticing the sulking demon. "Chara! Thank God!" To the demon's surprise, Frisk rushed over to Chara, wrapping them in a passionate embrace. "I was so afraid I'd lost you!"

Without their Soul, Chara felt nothing. No happiness, no sadness, no guilt, no remorse. They simply stared down at Frisk, not responding. Frisk, still enthusiastic that they had found Chara, nuzzled them happily and said, "Never run off like that again! I promise I'm not mad at you!" They didn't respond. "Chara...?" Frisk reached for their hand, but met with damp air. "Y-Your hand! It's..." Frisk met with Chara's blank stare. They slowly pulled down Chara's scarf, revealing the missing heart locket. "Y-Your soul..."

"I'm going back to what... To who I used to be..." Chara finally responded.

"N-No..." Tears blurred Frisk's vision, "No! I-I don't want you to leave!" They rested their head on Chara's shoulder, hugging them closer, "Please..."

Chara felt something spark in their chest. They ignored it. "It... It's better this way..."

"No, it's not!" Frisk almost yelled, "You don't die for your friends, you idiot! You live for them!" Frisk abruptly stood, getting an idea. "Where is it?"

"What-"

"The locket!" Frisk yelled, "What'd you do with it?"

"I...threw it into the waterfall..." Frisk instantly walked off, their determination practically radiating off of them. "Where are you going?"

"Everything thrown into the waterfalls gets carried down into the garbage. I'm going to get your locket. I am not letting you die."

Chara felt another spark. What was going on? They watched as Frisk walked off, thinking it better to not try and stop them.

***Time Skip Because Admin is Lazy***

Something hit Chara in the head, causing them to look up. "Now put that stupid thing on." They looked down at the locket that Frisk had retrieved. It smelled of garbage. That spark ignited once again in Chara's chest. Ignoring it once more, they looked up at Frisk, being met with an angry glare. Slightly intimidated, they picked the locket up and put it back around their neck. "Now get up," Frisk said, "We're going home." Chara slowly stood, following Frisk as they walked towards the entrance of Waterfall.

Remorse slowly flooded Chara. What they had done really was stupid. "Frisk... Are you mad...?" They didn't respond. "I... I'm sorry... You're right... I shouldn't have ever tried something like that... I'm really sorry..."

Frisk turned towards them, their angry glare softened. They kissed Chara on the lips, making them flinch out of surprise. "I'm just glad you're safe." Frisk said after they separated.

Chara felt yet another smark ignite. But this time, they knew what it was. And they absolutely despised it.

Trust. Respect. Happiness. Compassion.

Love.

They were falling in love. But how? And why of all the humans, of all creatures that walk among this earth, why -- dear God, why -- did it have to be Frisk?

It was clear that Frisk had grown a liking to Chara. But they kinda forced the relationship - if you can call it that - upon Chara. But Chara had enough power, perhaps more, to prevent Frisk from making it happen. But, they didn't. Because deep down, that spark that they just felt, it was preventing them from stopping the relationship.

And now, that same spark was evolving into love. Love, for Frisk.

Frisk, the idiot that flirt their way out of the underground. Frisk, the pacifist-fag that saved and became the ambassador of monsters. Frisk, the only living being with enough determination to save them.

Goddammit. Chara was falling for them. They sighed. Frisk would taunt them non-stop once they told them.

If they even managed to gather up the courage.

[wHOOPS OKAY NOT MUCH MORE I COULD THINK OF FOR THIS CHAPTER SORRY]

[oh and also I'M BAACCCKK]