Chapter 12

[chapter picture is most people after last chapter]

[Not very well checked, chapter prolly has shittaton of mistakes]

Frisk fell to their knees, horribly damaged from the blast. Chara's eyes widened. When did Frisk get here? Then, upon seeing how hurt they were, they fell beside Frisk.

"Frisk...?" Chara called sheepishly.

"I don't know why..." Frisk began, their soul fading into existence. Its glow wasn't as bright as usual. "I don't know why I'm so nice... Why I'm a pacifist... I guess I just can't stand to see other people hurt..." They fell forward, but Chara caught them.

Sans stared. He hadn't expected this. He took a step back, not sure whether he should leave the scene or go get help or, do what he originally intended, kill Chara while they're vulnerable. Making his final decision, he turned, took a few steps, then teleported away.

"Frisk...?" Chara called again, voice cracking. "H-How much HP do you have left...?"

"N-Not a lot..." Frisk smiled, ignoring the blood drooling out of their mouth, "Lucky I have a strong soul. Heh..."

"Ugh, Frisk..." Chara groaned, "Why would you take the hit for me... Do you have any idea how stupid that was?"

"I mean... I wasn't gonna let you take the hit. Your soul most likely isn't strong enough to take a hit like that."

"My soul...? I don't have a..."

Frisk pointed at a small glow in Chara's chest. "Then what's that?"

Chara looked at the glow, shocked. "That can't be..."

"When we first met. You said it yourself. I brought back your human soul. My determination. Of course, when you attacked me-"

Sans appeared back, holding out a nice cream bar. "Be grateful. I paid a skele-ton to get this." He winked as he held it out. He turned to walk away. "Oh. And Chara." He looked over his shoulder, his blue eye returning, "If you ever try something like that again, I won't allow Frisk to let you off the hook." And then he teleported away.

Chara shrunk, then helped Frisk stand, handing them the nice cream. "You were saying." They were intrigued by what Frisk was talking about. And by how they found this all out in the first place.

Frisk took a bite out of the nice cream, then continued, "When you attacked me, and I reset, while you were resting your pretty little head off, I noticed a slight glow in your chest. But, it was way to faint to be a soul. So, I decided to just ignore it. I thought it didn't mean that much. But as time went on, I noticed it more and more. And through the past few days, I've noticed it to be glowing brighter and brighter." Frisk smiled, then concluded, "Your soul has been here all the time. It just hasn't been strong enough to hold out on its own. But I think your soul's just now fully materializing, and becoming fully, well, usable."

"I have a soul...? But that's not..." A small, blurry red figure appeared in front of them. It was like a cloud of dust, except it clearly had a shape of some sort. A heart. A soul. Frisk smiled, their point having been proven. "How do you figure all this stuff out?"

Frisk shrugged, "I watch a lot of Game Theory. Anyway, we should be getting to Hotland. Mettaton can't air his show without his two stars."

Chara smiled, "Clearly, somebody's feeling better already."

"Oh. And Chara." Frisk punched them in the face, the blow causing them to collapse into the snow, rubbing their cheek. "That's for attempting either A) a geno run, or B) to get Sans to kill you."

"Some pacifist you are..." Chara growled.

"Oh, stop whining. You'll be fine." They began to walk, not waiting for Chara to stand. Chara soon stood and followed, still rubbing their cheek. That punch really upset their tooth.