Chapter 5

"Frisk?" Toriel asked as Frisk barged through the door to her home, "What's-"

"NO TIME TO TALK GOAT MOM CHARA AND I SNUCK OUT AND WENT TO SNOWDIN AND IT WAS REALLY COLD AND CHARA STARTED SNEEZING AND I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG BUT THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN SO NOW THEY HAVE A COLD AND I'M REALLY SCARED BECAUSE THE LAST TIME THEY GOT SICK THEY DIED AND I DON'T WANT THEM TO DIE BECAUSE I LOVE THEM AND-"

"Frisk!" Toriel called, making Frisk stop their rambling. She took Chara out of their arms, "I'm sure Chara can survive a little cold. What they got last time was...more severe. They'll be fine." She walked Chara to their bed, setting them down and pulling the covers over them. "Now, what was this about you two sneaking out?"

Frisk jumped. "Eheh, you see, what had happened..." Toriel raised an eyebrow, waiting for Frisk's explanation. Her glare could tear through steal. Frisk sighed, "We were getting a little bored of the ruins and decided to sneak out..."

Toriel sighed, her glare softening, "I understand... The Ruins can become quite small once you get used to them... But how did you and Chara sneak out? The door is closed, is it not?"

"Um, there was some hidden pathway that led straight to Snowdin? Not sure how it got there."

Toriel's glare hardened, then softened again. "If you two leave again, please inform me first." Frisk nodded, then left to their room. "Oh, and you two are grounded. For until Chara heals."

"I can live with that."

**********************************

Chara turned on their side, groaning, then sneezing. "For fucks sake..." They hissed stuffily, wiping at the snot from their nose. A tissue was held out towards them. It didn't take much to know who it was. Chara took it, avoiding eye contact and blowing their nose.

"Say it." Frisk said, crossing their arms.

Chara growled, sitting up. "I'm sick."

"And?"

"You were right."

"And?"

"I'm a stubborn idiot who should care more about their health."

"I wanted to hear 'I should've listened to you' but that's close enough. I'm just glad you're alive."

Chara raised an eyebrow, "You think a little cold will kill me?"

Frisk looked down, "I mean...you got super sick the last time you were down here, and..."

Chara jumped at the mention of their death. "That...was different. A monster disease my human body couldn't fight off. Not the common cold. I'm," They sneezed and Frisk handed them another tissue, "I'm not exactly fine, but... I'm not dying. I honestly don't understand why you care so much."

"Because-"

"You care about me? You don't want me to die? You want to save me?" Frisk went silent. "Heh... You and Asriel are so alike. He pleaded the same things when I was dying. 'I care about you. You can't die. I can save you.' ...And look where it got him." Chara's heart twisted at the thought. They smiled sadly and let out a sharp exhale. "I cause harm even when I'm dead..."

"Chara..." Frisk said, reaching out a comforting hand.

Chara shrugged away from it. "Don't do that... Just...be my nurse. Ask mom if she made me any soup, and if she hasn't...ask if she can make some."

Frisk stared at Chara sadly, surprised they had declined their comfort, then nodded, walking out of the room to fill their request. Chara was left with their thoughts.

"So alike...yet so different..." They murmured to themself. They both care/cared about me a whole bunch... But why does it feel more...special, with Frisk?

***********************************

[I rAN OUT OF IDEAS FOR THIS CHAPTER IT'S SO SHORT IM SORRY I JUST WANTED TO SHOW THAT CHARA WASN'T DYING WHY WOULD I KILL ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS THIS EARLY IN THE STORY ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE JUST RESURRECTED IM AN EVIL BASTARD BUT IM NOT SATAN]