Wicked Games

Connie woke as sunlight came streaming through the window. She realised she hadn't shut the curtains the night before but didn't remember why, it was something she always did. That was until she noticed the position she'd woken in.

"Shit... Jacob, Jacob wake up you need to go before-" "Mum?" There was a small knock at the door as Connie's face became pale. "Mum are you awake?" "Yeah, sorry sweet heart I'm just getting changed. I'll be down soon okay."

She heard her daughter's footsteps move away from the door and downstairs. She dropped her head back down to the pillow sighing before sitting up, pulling the duvet close to her chest and looked down to Jacob who was smiling with one eye open.

Connie punched his chest as he sat up with a smile. "You-" Jacob closed the space between them, Connie trying hard to fight the urge to kiss him but failing. Jacob's hand moved on top of hers and laced his fingers through hers lying down and pulling her down above him.

It took a few minutes before Connie remembered her daughter being downstairs. "Jacob you have to go and I need to get Grace to school." She looked down at him laying there before sighing and pressing herself down against him again.

About 10 minutes later Grace's voice could be heard shouting up the stairs. "MUM!" "Grace just put the TV on for a bit, I'll be ready soon sweet heart!" Connie called back through the closed door as Jacob's arms snaked around her waist from behind.

"I really do have to get ready this time you know..." Connie stood in her underwear with an unbuttoned blouse hanging from her shoulders. Jacob nudged the blouse down one of her arms before placing his lips to her neck. Connie let her eyes close as she dropped her head back to his shoulder. "You're a bad influence-" "Me? I think this... This was all you last night sweet cheeks."

Jacob lifted his head with a smirk looking back at her in the mirror noticing her smile. "Whatever, less arguing more clothes." Jacob laughed quietly removing his arms from her waist.

Connie finished getting changed into her blouse and skirt, Jacob pulling the zip up at the back before twisting her to face him. Connie had her hands up pulling her hair out of the hairband she had in while getting dressed.

Her hair fell down across her shoulders in natural curls as Jacob quickly kissed her again. Connie melted into it before moving away from him to finish getting ready.

5 minutes later and Connie was in her heels by the bedroom door glancing around once more for everything. She sighed with her hands on her hips as she remembered Jacob in the bathroom. He stuck his head around the doorframe upon hearing her huffing.

"Forget about me did we sweet cheeks?" Connie rolled her eyes wandering closer to a shirtless Jacob. "Impossible, you're far too annoying to forget." He smiled down at her as she trailed a hand up his chest before leaning up to his lips.

He kissed her gently while she spoke. "Why are you still not dressed?" "If I had my shirt I would be dressed." "Wait why don't..." Connie's eyes widened as she realised what he meant. Jacob tried not to smile knowing that if he did she would probably kill him.

Connie spun round and moved to the door. "Wait there." With that Connie disappeared down the stairs leaving Jacob smiling to himself as he heard her run downstairs.

As soon as she got downstairs she walked into the kitchen trying to slow her pace. "Morning sweetheart, did you have breakfast?" "Yeah, why did you take so long this morning Mum?" Connie shook her head shrugging. "No reason sweetheart... Go brush your teeth for me."

Grace stood up walking towards the kitchen as Connie looked around. "Can I use your bathroom-" "Hmm sorry?" "Don't worry, I just said I'll use your bathroom." Connie continued looking about before moving around the kitchen counter.

"No Grace use the other bathroom... Mines an absolute mess, lost something this morning and couldn't find it." Connie placed her hands on Grace's shoulders with a smile. "Is that why you took ages?" Connie nodded trying to defuse the conversation.

Grace smiled before running upstairs to the bathroom. Connie turned around and went into the hallway before seeing Jacob's shirt on the floor in front of her. She shook her head swearing at herself for being so stupid.

When she turned around she jumped not realising anyone was stood behind her. Jacob slipped his arms around her waist as Connie pushed her hands against his chest. "You need to go-" "I need my shirt first sweet cheeks." She shoved it into his chest causing a smile to grow on his face.

He quickly pulled it on hearing movement upstairs. Connie opened the front door but Jacob pulled her into him again kissing her. He pushed her closer to the wall as she deepened the kiss before hearing Grace come down the stairs.

She pulled apart from his lips and pushed him out of the door. Jacob stood on the steps smiling as Connie kissed him again quickly before standing up. "Go!" She said it as loudly as possible without alerting her daughter to what was going on.

Connie watched as he jogged across the street before shutting the door and picking up her bag. "You ready Grace?" "Yeah, Mum who's keys are these?" Connie turned to face Grace taking them from her. "They were just left behind at work yesterday I need to take them in, thank you sweet heart."

Jacob patted his pockets realising his keys were on Connie's table. He looked up seeing Grace emerge from the house and dropped down beside his car out of view. Grace made her way out to Connie's car just as Connie realised that Jacob wouldn't have left yet but when she looked he was nowhere to be seen. She noticed his car but didn't know where he'd gone.

Connie pulled out her phone as she locked the front door. She checked Grace wasn't looking before bending down and putting his keys behind the pot beside the step. Double checking the door she descended the steps and got into the car pulling off her driveway.

Grace sat on her phone as Connie focused on the road aware they were driving past Jacob's car. Once past she glanced back in her mirror to see Jacob hiding beside his car. She smiled trying not to laugh as they turned off the road and towards Grace's school.

Connie arrived at work a little while later and walked straight into her office. She walked around the nurses' station beginning to work before heading into cubicles. About 10 minutes later Jacob arrived at the hospital smiling the whole time.

"Good night Jacob? Where'd you end up-" "Ah you know a good man never tells." Cal smirked across at him before Jacob wandered away into the staffroom. Once he was changed he was given a list of things to find by Rita.

Connie had finished with a patient and noticed Jacob in resus. She put her folder down and wandered in, other than Jacob it was completely empty so she walked over towards the shelves. Jacob glanced down at her as she reached in front of him to take something from the shelf.

"Staff Nurse Masters-" "Mrs Beauchamp..." They both continued to talk as they looked at the shelves before them as though they were looking for something. "Next time don't leave your keys where my daughter would find them-" "So there's gonna be a next time?"

Jacob raised an eyebrow as he spoke while Connie looked up at him. They both looked towards the door before Jacob wrapped an arm around her and pulled her backwards slightly out of view from everyone else.

He pressed his lips onto hers as she placed a hand on his shoulder stabilising herself against him. Connie kissed him back before they quickly separated as the door opened and Rita wandered in. "Jacob it isn't rocket science, have you found everything yet?" Jacob glanced to Connie as she passed him the final thing he was after.

"Yeah, just coming now Rita..." he stepped in front of Connie as Rita left. "Don't worry sweet cheeks. She didn't see you." She smiled across at him watching as he turned away from her and left the room. She had no idea how things would pan out between them but she was willing to give it a shot.