CH # 08

Chapter 08:

Diamond, or Di as her friends called her had finished high school, being a great big smarty pants, like myself. She was willing to come to work with me to help me as a kitchen hand until she turned 16, where she would officially become my apprentice. When I told her the cash amount, she was so surprised that she promptly passed out. Like, passed out cold!

I called Darren into the kitchen to get Diamond up into the couch that Nex put into the kitchen so that I could sit in between the cooking sessions. But the look Darren gave Diamond, was of a man who had been in the dark all his life, had finally seen the sun. She was his mate.

I watched as she was caressed, in a non-sexual manner and it looked like she I joyed it, even though she lay unconscious! A few minutes later, she regained consciousness, she passed out agian, having realised that she had found her mate already.

"You do know that she is only 15 right?" I asked him.

Darren looked at me, rather seriously. "I would wait a million years for her to be ready for me. I might not like it, I might get crabby, after all I am a male. But I would do it so that she was comfortable. I would do all in my power to make her happy."

He didn't see Diamond open her eyes. So he was shocked when she pulled him into a kiss that had him purring. LITERALLY! Not that Diamnond wasn't as well.

I got back to cooking, Di had finally pulled away from Darren, and she was smiling as she went about doing as I told her. She watched what I was doing when I was actually cooking. I even showed her my tomes of scrapbooked recipes. I even had them sorted by course, then by main ingredient. I even showed her my other tomes, the ones that I hand wrote, changing up recipes to get them how I wanted them.

She read them almost religiously. She even handled them with care. She helped me serve out the foods into containers that were clearly marked by a permanent coloured sticker that indicated what was left out. Like non-glucose meals. No tomatoes. No nuts. Stuff like that. If they had a food allergy or intolerance. I was always careful about how I cooked, so that people couldn't sue me.

When all the food was finished, I invited Darren over home, into my apartment, to have a family meal tonight, with Diamond coming of course. Diamond was going to tell her parents that she found her mate. Before her shift. That they know of.

You see, she was like me, an early shifter. She shifted at the age of six. Same as I did.

Diamond though, she wanted to have her family along. Her father, her step-mother, her two step-sisters and her brother. But I could feel that animosity that was directed at her by everyone in her family. Her step-brother though, had such a dark energy around him that I was repulsed beyond belief! The darkness almost had a stench to it.

"Daddy. I found my mate." Diamond said. Her father looked at her with rage in his eyes.

"Did he knock your skanky ass up?" He roared. "I wouldn't be suprised if you opened your legs everyone with a dick!" He was angry that he didn't see my fist heading for his face.

"If you wanna see a fucking slut! Look at the whore beside you! She stinks of the man you spend a lot of your time with! She absolutely reeks of him, so much so I think her thunder-cunt might be up the duff! If you can't see what she really is, then fuck off and sign Diamond over to me! I will actually take care of her! You sir! Are led around by your dick! Because of that, you can't see the breathtakingly brilliant daughter you got!" I opened my front door and almost completely pushed them down the stairs.

I was a bit...angry. But I tried for so long to calm down, when I did, I saw Diamond in Darren's arms as she sobbed softly into his chest. I sat down beside them, patting her back gently, and I said. "I will go to father and have them forced to sign you over to me and Nex, so that now I will know that you will be alright. I got a seriously bad vibe from your step-brother."

"I know. He has been looking at me weird lately. I been getting a creepy feeling from him as well. When I would tell dad, he would say I was making things up." She looked so sad.

I got up and logged into a website that sold wood framed furniture. I had Diamond check out the room, the colour scheme and I had her check out the bedroom suites. She pointed out the one she wanted, I paid for it, and paid for a fast next day delivery. And when I had that done, I was on another website, and I told her that she had a budget. She went nuts adding stuff to her shopping cart. She got everything she would ever need. Yes, she bought the cheapest stuff and splurged on a few items.

I was called by father as he sat in his office. "Hey, sweetie. I was just called by the neighbours of your new apprentice. They said they saw her family burning clothes along with other things." I could see Diamond on the corner of my eye as she stiffened slightly.

"Hey, dad, I wanted to talk to you about that." I went on to tell him what happened.

He agreed to help me but he chuckled. "I think the whole town heard you screaming at her family. Just thought I would tell you." I laughed along with dad.

"They bloody deserved it though!" I growled.

We chatted a little longer, I asked after mum, she was getting morning sickness bad! After a couple minutes, we said our goodbyes and hung up. I sighed. I got up and gave Diamond a few pieces of clothing to keep her until her new things arrived the next morning.

She was to sleep on the fold out couch with Darren. He wanted to stay with Diamond to comfort her if she should wake up in the night. We finished off what was left of our dinner, I packed THEIR dinner into a large airtight Tupperware container and took it downstairs, I didn't want it in my space. The negativity still stuck on it.

We sat down and watched a movie. Nex and eye sat on the love seat. Darren and Diamond were laying in the made up fold out bed. Pretty soon, my eyes began to droop. The next thing I know, I am asleep. How did I know I was asleep? Because I woke up the next day in bed with my Nex beside me and Little One on my chest.