Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Within an hour Leslie and Adai had managed to talk me off of Adeke's lap, make coffee, and cook breakfast. The four of us currently were sitting at our small kitchen table too busy eating to do much talking. There was still so much I wanted to ask Adai and Adeke about being Gaea. Yet, nothing seemed important enough to break the comfortable silence...

"It won't be a problem that I am coming too, will it?" Leslie asked, never one for silence. I looked up from my plate of bacon and eggs to raise a brow at my sister. She sounded very insecure. Leslie never sounded that way...she was always the stronger one.

"Of course not. You were with Anahi when we could not be, for that we will always be thankful." Adai answered smiling brightly at Lez. She blushed in response but smiled back at him.

"Are there other...um...humans there?" she asked shyly, looking down at her plate to push the food around.

"Yes, of course! Many of us have mated or married humans, so there are many of you around the area. At the house there are few...actually only two. Luckily for them they are considered family and were brought in when they were babies." Adai stopped talking and started eating again.

Okay...that's it? What a nice discription! I rolled my eyes at my own mental sarcasm...Oh, well they would probably only say something like:  You will find out soon enough. Weird cryptic Gaea...

"Um, okay..." Leslie raised her brow at me. Unknowing what to do I could only shrug at her in response.

"So when exactly do you want us to move in?" I asked changing the subject.

"Now, if you want." Adai responded.

I opened my mouth to agree when Adeke spoke up. "Actually can it wait a few hours?"

My eyes locked with his...something I had been attemping not to do from the get go, knowing I would only end up in his lap again. I watched his green eyes shift down my face, taking in my features before he spoke again. "Anahi, would you go out with me?"

"She can't. We have too much to do today." Adai answered for me. Rude much...

"I didn't ask you." Adeke growled, his eyes glaring at Adai's from across the table.

A strange purring sound instantly came from my chest at Adeke's threatening growl. I was shocked at the sound and it instantly cut off. Adeke's gaze quickly snapped back to me, another sexy smirk on his lips.

"Did you just purr at me?" he asked.

I nodded unable to respond.

"Why?"

I shook my head, too embarrassed.

"Why did you purr at me Anahi?" Adeke asked, his voice lowering. I found his voice so sexy...

I began purring again, only this time it didn't stop. Adeke eyed me lustfully before turning to Adai again. "Adai, I understand there is a lot to do to keep my mate safe. What you don't seem to understand or remember is that right now she must be with me. Listen to her, she is purring..."

"Okay, I forgot." Adai admitted cutting him off.

Honestly, I was at a loss as to what exactly they were talking about, but it seemed on the back of my mind at the moment. All I cared about right now was Adeke...and that hungry look in his eyes. My body wanted me to jump out of my chair and over to his...

"Don't come over here yet, Love." Adeke said, reading my mind for sure.

"Leslie, I think we must go." Adai rose from his seat pulling Leslie up with him, eying me warily.