Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Leslie, Adeke and I sat there talking late into the night. He was able to answer many of our questions despite some of them being somewhat obvious. I now know that I am more than likely a Princess of Cats, meaning that when I start to Change I will be able to shift into any known cat on earth.

Okay weird.

 I will be blessed with grace, patience, and sensuality…all of which are not something I had previously.

Weird again…

 I have a twin brother and two younger sisters.

Come on? A twin! How did I not know that I have a twin? I thought twins had some kind of unknown connection with each other or something…right? Oh well, having a twin isn’t weird. It’s actually kind of cool. I wonder what he’s like…and my little sisters too.

My mother, the Queen of the Cats is Sofia and my father the King is James. Adeke says that my mother is considered very beautiful…yet, then again he also says that I am very beautiful so his judgement isn't much to go on. My father on the other hand Adeke said about him was that he was very intimidating.

I’m not so sure how I will feel when I finally meet my real family but I know that right now I am very nervous.  They only live roughly three hours from here in a mansion deep in the woods. I find it kind of ironic that they couldn’t find me, especially when I have lived so close for so long.

I tried to ask Adeke more questions about what my family was like, personality wise, but his only response was that I would find out soon enough…hmm, cryptic.

 Speaking of Adeke, my mate, he is the Prince of Summer. He is the son of the current Mother Nature and is in charge of insuring the arrival and maintenance of summer...okay weird. Truthfully, right now, I don’t really want to understand what all of that entails.

Adeke has tried to explain a little about the heirchy of Gaea Royals. It was hard for me to understand exactly how it all fits together...but I think I got the important parts. I think.

Adeke is a member of the high royals in which includes Mother Nature, her husband, and her four grown kids: the Princes of Summer and Fall, plus the Princesses of Winter and Spring. When I asked what their names where he told me the same thing as earlier:  you will find out soon enough.

Yesterday, I seemed to understand most of what Adeke was talking about but now I am just getting really confused as I think about it…

Yesterday, I thought I was alone. Well, except for my foster sister Leslie that is. She has been my rock for five years and the only family I ever really had. Just think, I have a mom…and a dad. Sisters, a twin…huh, who’d have thought? Crazy…

Looking at the clock beside my bed I finally sighed and heaved myself out of bed. Within thirty minutes Adeke was going to be here with what he called ‘proof’ of what I am. I quickly found myself showered and dressed, inspecting myself in the mirror.

Adeke says I’m beautiful…I have amber colored brown eyes framed in thick dark lashes. I guess they could be considered unique and attractive. I have a nose I always thought to be too wide and a wide mouth with plump lips. I do have good skin with a natural olive complexion that most would kill for.

 My hair would have to be the only thing I actually approved of on my body. It fell in dark, thick waves halfway down my back. No matter what the weather or what I have been doing, it always looked good.

Hmm…wonder if the perfect hair thing is a Gaea trait? I’ll have to ask Adeke…

Speaking of the devil there he is knocking on the door. I passed by Lez on the way out of my bedroom as she lay sleeping on the couch. Blonde hair disheveled, clothes rumpled, and a strange little snore kept coming from her mouth.