Chapter 12

**Detication to MsArtemis for sticking with me for a while now and for the suggestion on who to play Anahi~Thanks so much!**

Chapter 12

My new family all sat around on the couches joking around and talking the rest of the night. It had to be the best night I could've asked for, but it all ended way too fast. The girls were the first to leave, taking Leslie with them. Adai was next mumbling something about being late on his phone call...not sure what he was talking about I could only smile and wave goodnight to my brother.

Eventually, Dad stood up and headed off as well. Of course not before picking me up off of Adeke and into a comforting hug and whispering softly into my ear, "I've missed you beautiful baby..."

It wasn't until after I was deposited back into Adeke's arms that I felt my eyes tearing up at my father's words. I managed to hold in the tears until Dad left the room. It was right then that everything hit me like a tidal wave causing my eyes to run like a faucet. 

I felt strong arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me close. Adeke rubbed his hands soothingly up and down my back, whispering nonsense in my ear. I'm not sure how long I sat there sobbing but I do know that by the time I looked up again, Mom had decided to leave us be and go to bed.

"I'm sorry, I'm normally stronger than this..." I waved my hand in front of my face, indicating my tears. 

Adeke chuckled at me, his chest rubbing my arm in the process. Electricity travelled through my body at the brief touch and bit my lip to keep from moaning. Adeke seemed to not notice as he started talking in a soothing voice. "Love, crying doesn't mean you are weak."

In that moment I couldn't concentrate on his words. It was as if a switch had been flipped in me and every overwhelming thought that prevously filled my brain was gone. Instantly, my tears dried up and all I saw was my mate. Something inside me wanted him, now.

I pulled my hands up in between us, running my palms flat against his hard chest. Adeke stilled instantly, unable to move as my hands continued to explore his chest in his tight button up shirt. My suddenly skilled fingers unbuttoned the first few buttons to expose a bit of his skin. I instantly took the oportunitiy to press my lips lightly to his skin, causing a shiver to run the length of his body.

"Anahi...You're killing me, love." Adeke whispered into my hair. 

"That was the idea babe." I purred to him pushing against his chest, taking him off guard and causing him to fall back against the couch. Adeke pushed up on his elbows quickly and his green eyes flashed up at me dangerously. 

"I think maybe you should have had that talk with your mom tonight after all..." Adeke said watching me warily. I couldn't help but smirk at him and put my hands on either side of his his hips, leaning in closer to him. I inhaled deeply as his scent suddenly overcame my senses, causing my eyes to close.

Something strange shifted behind my eyelids but with the summery scent of my mate surrounding me I could have cared less. I crawled closer to him and finally opened my eyes. I watched as his eyes widened in surprise before lust instantly clouded his features. He stared at me for a second before he shook his head as if to clear it.

"Love, you're eyes. You have your cat's eyes...wow, I didn't..." He trailed off as I crawled my way over the top of him, rubbing my body against his. Our bodies instantly pushed closer to each other as a wave of pleasureable shocks passed between us. I purred loudly in the back of my throat and looked up at Adeke through my lashes.