Chapter 28: Fixing things

"Some things can never be that way again. You can never get what you always want. All that's left is to accept things and move on. I'm losing hope, faded dreams. I'm sorry this wasn't easy."

~~~

"Where had you gone last night?" Jade asked me.

"Don't shout okay." Well Jade is an Ashton girl. I don't know how will she react though,

"Why?"

"I've met Ashton."

"WHAT?! ASHTON FREAKING IRWIN?!!" She shouted.

"Yeah."

"You didn't even tell me!"

"Can't you see I was trying to run away but he got me." I explained

"Yeah fine. but still you should've told me or tag me along."

"I will, next time." I think I should introduce her some time.

--

"Come in." Ashton opened the door. I came in and shut it. We walked to the lounge room as I heard their laughs across the hallway. I saw Michael and Calum playing some games on the ps3.

"Wea-" Michael cut his words when he saw me.

"Rae?" Michael asked.

"Hiyaaa!" I replied. He looks like he saw a ghost though

"How?" Michael asked. He couldn't believe his eyes that I'm here.

"I saw her at our show yesterday." Ashton said.

"I'm so happy you're back!" Calum told me and playfully hit me on my shoulder.

"Haha! Miss you bro." I said.

"Naw, I miss you too and your cool voice." he said.

"You miss me? Not like I'm gone for a year though." I chuckled.

"But two months is already long ya kno." He told me.

"Yeah. I agree with calum." Ashton said.

"And missy, you got lots of things to fill me in with." He demanded.

"Yeah, sure thing!"

"Heyoo!" someone shouted. I looked around and saw the person that once became the world to me even if everything was short lived. It didn't last long like he promised.

Great. Now the person I want to see less is here.

His eyes met mine and both of our eyes widen. I shifted my eyes. I don't even meant to see him today. I didn't think this would happen.

"Uh hi." He said. I forced a smile as a reply to him. Then Allie trailed behind him. She gave me a worried look but I just smiled at her for a welcome greeting.

"I should go." I whispered to Michael.

"Why? But you just got here."

"But- argh fine." I think I won't win if I argued with Michael right now. So...

"Let's wee start this. Leggo cook some stuffs and since Allie can cook she is going with us and Luke, stay here you'll disturb her. you two fix the tables." Calum said. I was about to said something but they all disappeared immediately.

The atmosphere was quite cold and dense. You could feel the tension in the air. No one dared to talk. We were both avoiding eye contact with each other. I ignored him whenever he did something wrong.

"Rae. Let's talk." he said.

"Talk about what? There is nothing to talk about." I said normally. I try to act composed as much as I could.

"No. There is. Its a matter of time to start fixing things. I'm sorry Rae. I'm really sorry for all the things I made." he said apologetic. I was expecting something else for him to say but I guess this is it.

"Sorry? No, it's all okay. There is no one to blame. I just can't blame me for not being good enough, Allie for loving you, or yourself for falling much more harder to Allie than me." I told him.

"But... you can't fix what's been broken. I can't forgive you right now though." I said. I starting to lose hope because he said it himself. now all that left is broken promises.

I left him there and I had gone to the garden.

I hate it. I hate this kind of feeling. I still can't believe that I can no longer hold his arms , stay beside him and talk with him for hours. How I wish I could go back to the days.

I sighed.

"Rae?" I turned to look where the voice is coming from. It was Allie.

--

LUKE'S POV

"If you only knew Rae, if you only knew."

I'll wait.

She did not know the real deal. up until now, I'm still confused. Did I made the right choice? Oh lukeyy.

--

Rae's POV

"Are you okay?" Allie asked. I nodded my head for response. why is she talking to me? Not like its a bad thing but she might hate me.

"Ah you must be thinking why I'm here." she said.

"Yeah."

"Well I just want to tell you about some things."

"About?"

"I'm sorry if I came back and get Luke back with me. I love him. he loves me but... I know he still loves you too. even in that short time, Luke had really love you. I don't know if this is right."

"No. I'm the one to say sorry. He don't like me anymore that's why he is with you." I asked. She nodded at me.

"I'm also clueless but I'm trying not to get in the way again. I don't care if he loves me or you but all I know is you make him happy."

"What I mean is, can we be friends? I mean its not like I hate you. You're nice. I just want to start things fresh the way it should be. I want a friendship wherein we will both accept in the end whether its you or I Luke chooses" She stated.

Friends? It's not bad though. Because we love the same guy doesn't mean we can't be friends at all.

"Sounds like a plan. Sure thing!." I said.

"Then it's on. Whoever Luke chooses we will just accept them."

"Hi I'm Allie." we shook our hands.

"I'm Rae." we greeted each other formally.

I don't know how this 'friend thingy' will last but I know Allie is kind as my friend. Love life is a different matter.

"Allie you gotta cook the food now!" Ashton shouted from inside.

"Coming!!" she replied back.

"I should go, wanna help me cook?"

"Yup!!" I agreed.

-- -----

Another boring chapter. sorry guyssss x.