Last Chapter: Everything has Changed

Never thought a mistake can damage everything.

--

"I'm so done, I don't think it'll work." I said to Luke.

"No! Rae. Please don't do this to me." He looked at me with pleading and hugged me so tight. I let go of his arms.

"I'm sorry Luke. We're over. I hope you understand. I love you." I cried so much. It fucking hurts to say this. It really hurts.

And with that, I ran. I ran away from everything.

--

LUKE'S POV

"I will always be there for you even if it kills me to see you walked away." I whispered to myself.

Rae, she's my everything but now she is gone. Its all my fault. Maybe I deserve this. I hurt her with all the Allie stuff before and I hurt her now with my selfishness and jealousy.

But it's too late.

I can never get her back anymore.

'I love you Rae. Please come back. I need you.'

--

RAE'S POV

Its been weeks and I've been trying hard not to think about Luke. I know i've hurt us but its better than having to deal with it everyday.

But why am I still not happy?

He's been calling me for days until he stop. It will never be the way it is again

I walked around the streets to clear up my thoughts as I saw Michael standing on the sideways. I called him. He turned to see where the voice is coming from.

"Rae! " He ran to hug me.

"Where had you been? I've miss you and you haven't answered any of our calls. How are you?" he asked.

"Worse. I can't say i'm fine." I said. He gave me a sympathetic look. I know he feels sad for me. Sorry Mikey.

"I know. Want to take a walk with me?" he asked. "sure."

"So, how's everyone?" I asked.

"They're fine, Calum helped me to comfort those two. Everything's okay now." He said.

"Well this happened in the first few days, Luke has been broken, not leaving his room, looking like a mess. He's probably crying up all night and been silent unless it comes to music. Ashton became the stoic type. but now they're back to normal." He explained. I sighed in relief. I feel a little happy knowing that they're doing fine. I smiled at Michael. He grinned and knew that I feel better.

"I'm leaving soon." His face turned into a frown and surprised.

"Leaving? why? when and where?" He asked.

"I'm going back to Perth tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" I nodded at him. He embraced me and whispered "I'll miss you so much.

"Wait." Michael said as he stopped his tracks.

"Why?"

"Do you remember this place?" He asked me. I looked around then it hit me. I remembered, this was the place where he found me.

"This was the place where we first met." He nodded. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know them personally or i'm just another fan. Also, I might no longer be existing.

"No, This was the place where you all started saving me." I corrected myself. He looked taken aback and gave me a confused look. I just shrugged and stood there giving him a warm sincere smile.

"Thank you guys."

--

Not everything has a happy ending. Like Luke and I, it didn't work for us. I love him but I don't want to keep messing around with ashton and him. I hated it. I hated myself.

Everything hurts. I just keep reminding myself that nothing is permanent. I know someday, that hurt will be gone and we'll both move on with our lives. But nothing can be perfect like what we almost had.

Luke is the best of the best things that ever happened to me.

I love you Luke.

I hope to meet you again somewhere, someday.

END

--

Gotta post the epilogue soon. :-) Thanks for everyone who voted and read this fanfic. Sorry if the ending is a bit disappointing and boring.