Chapter 39: Stay Like This

I woke up staring widely at the white ceiling.

Wait, was it all just a dream?

I tried to stand up but my head throbbed in pain. Luke was beside me. His eyes shot open and looked at me with concern.

"Are you alright?" He shakily asked but I didn't answered. I was processing my thoughts.

"I'm sorry." He murmured loud enough for me to hear.

I'm confused.

FLASHBACK

"Wait-" then he's gone before I could finish my sentence. I sat there in silence while I waited for Luke.

Minutes had passed till i heard shouts downstairs. I decided to figured it out.

"Luke?" I called out.

What I saw next terrified me. I saw his fist clenched directed to Ashton's face and his other hand is tugging Ashton's shirt.

"LUKE NO!" I shouted running down to block Ashton.

Then I felt a pain straight to my face. I blocked out.

--

"Wait! How are you and Ashton?" I asked immediately.

"We patched up things last night after i accidentally hit you." His voice lowered. "I'm sorry Rae."

I feel bad for being a cause of their fight. I'm not the only one hurting who is hurting. I think Ashton may feel that way too.

"I need to talk to Ashton." I said. He was about to say something but he decided not to.

-

I stood outside Ashton's room and knocked.

"Come in." I heard him say.

I opened it slowly and entered. Ashton were staring at me with wide eyes. There was an awkward silence surrounding us.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" I asked trying to make a joke.

He smiled.

"None, its just that i didn't expect you to be here." He said.

"So about last night." I said.

"Yeah, about last night. I'm sorry if I did that. It was rude of me." He shook his head and shifted his eyes to the ground.

"But what I said last night were true." He added.

"And about that, i'm sorry Ashton but I can't reciprocate the love you give.. Maybe if you had come sooner, maybe you were the one i'm falling head over heels. I'm sorry. I-" I told him.

"It's okay. I don't expect for you to love me back instantly. I just wanted you to know how I feel and i'd like if you just act normal like before. You can treat me as your friend like usual. I'm used to it. and that way i can always see your smile." He told me with a reassuring smile.

I was able to look at him in the eyes again with no awkwardness. I smiled.

"Then back to normal please?" I cheekily said.

"Sure thing Rachelle Brooks." He smirked.

"So now you fancy calling me in my full name, I see, Mr. Ashton Fletcher Irwin." I said.

"Well, I like it like that Rachelle."

"No, just call me Rae. I don't like being called Rachelle, too formal." I said annoyingly.

"Rachelle." He said.

"No"

"Ra---chelle"

"Ew."

"R-a-c-h-e-l!" He spelled out

"Okay stop ashton."

"Nahhhh, ms. Rachelle."

"Whaaa-"

"Guys!! Whose smarter? Calum or I?" Michael and Calum popped out of nowhere.

"Me, right?" Calum pointed at himself.

"No. It's me!" Michael said.

"Sorry Michael but I think it'd be Calum." I told them. Calum began jumping and chanting that he won.

"Awe no fair, i hate you Rae." Michael pouted like a child. Ashton and I laughed at him.

"Love ya Michael." Then they all went out of Ashton's room.

"I guess I gotta go now too." I said to Ashton.

"Uh yeah." He mumbled.

I opened the door seeing Luke standing. Was he here all the time?

LUKE'S POV

I saw Rae opened the door. She was staring at me widely.

I held her hand and led her to my room and I hugged her tightly. I was scared of what I heard.

' "And about that, i'm sorry Ashton but I can't reciprocate the love you give..Maybe if you had come sooner, maybe you were the one i'm falling head over heels. I'm sorry. I-" '

Those words of her keeps repeating on my head.

Maybe if you had come sooner, maybe you were the one i'm falling head over heels.

I was so close of losing her. Maybe if I didn't confide my feelings first, I think I'll be like Ashton and he'll be with Rae. I shuddered at the thought.

I can't imagine life without her.

"Can't...breathe." Rae uttered. I never realized that I was holding her so tight so I unwrapped my arms around her and held her hand.

"Are you alright?" She asked me with worried eyes.

"I love you." I told her. She smiled warmly at me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"I love you too." Rae replied. She pulled me in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

She broke it off as we cuddle.

"Can we stay like this forever?" I asked in a soft voice. She looked like a bit shock of what I told her.

"I gladly would if you'll let me." She said. I gave her a peck on her pink soft lips.

"Rae, you know that I'll always let you." I told her. I brushed her hair with my hand while other rested on her hips.

"And I'll always love you." She whispered.