Chapter 16: Bostonian Accents Are The Best Accents

Chapter 16: Bostonian Accents Are The Best Accent (unedited)

“I just don’t see the fascination you see with doing this,” I sigh, looking over at Walker.

“I don’t see the fascination you see with watching Supernatural all day every day, but you know,” Walker shoots back.

“This is really dumb, Walker, like, really, really dumb,” I inform him matter-of-factly.

“No, it’s not, Sydney, now shut up, you’re being disruptive,” He replies a second later.

“Okay, okay, fine,” I agree with a small chuckle, leaning back and crossing my arms over my chest.

Walker and I are together at a park in downtown Rome. At least, I think that it’s downtown Rome. It’s sort of close to that one park that I went to all those weeks ago when we first arrived here in Italy. The one that I first met Orlando at, I mean. Anyway though, Walker and I are hanging out today because Bradley’s being really weird and super-secretive and said that I couldn’t see him today until around later tonight. I’m not quite sure why that is, but ever since we got back together, he’s been trying to do all this stuff to get my forgiveness. What he doesn’t seem to understand though is that he already has my forgiveness.

I mean, it’s not like I was ever just exceptionally angry with Bradley. Granted after we’d been broken up for a while, I was really upset with him for being such a jerk-butt and not even listening to me, but I’d say that I spent about 98.9% of our breakup just crying and sleeping, not being mad.

He’s been like, catering to my every need and doing every single thing that I ask him to do though, Bradley has, and that’s nice so of course I’m not going to complain about it. And if I know Bradley at all—  which I think that I do—  he’s probably planning a second first date or something like that for us. Plus we’ve been back together for a little over a week now so I think it’s an ideal time for him to do something like that.

Like I said though, Walker and I are at this park and we’re watching a re-enactment of like, The Trojan War or something. I really don’t know because history never really was my favorite subject, so I’ve been tuning in and out for about two hours now. Walker’s a huge history buff though and when he found out they were doing this thing, he immediately wanted to come. Why, I don’t know. I mean, we’re in Rome so clearly, the guys up there doing this re-enactment are Italian—  we don’t even know what they’re saying.

Walker and I are alone because everyone else was apparently busy today. Tanner and Elena are together up in Northern Italy for the day in Milan. They’re like, one hundred percent official now and it’s such a beautiful thing. I didn’t think it was possible for a couple to be cuter than Bradley and I are but when I saw how the two of them are together, I quickly changed my mind about that. Anyway, they’re up in Milan visiting Elena’s father—  my uncle, and her brother, Alonzo—  cousin.

Then there’s Mikey and Jaime and they’re spending the day together at an art gallery somewhere here in Rome. I’m not sure what Drew’s plans for the day include because I didn’t talk to him much yesterday. While our friendship isn’t as, you know, close-knit as it used to be, Drew and I are working on it and we’re getting there, slowly but surely, I think. So, yeah, that’s why I’m hanging out with Walker because besides Drew, he’s the loneliest in the house, what with him not having a girlfriend and all but I’m determined to change that. Now that I’m all happy and lively again, I need Walker to get himself a girlfriend or something because I’m not liking seeing him all lonely and stuff. Really, it’s just breaking my heart into a billion pieces.

“How much longer until it’s over, Walky?” I ask with a sigh heavy sigh, placing my head on his shoulder.

“Only a few more minutes,” Walker promises, wrapping his arm around me and letting his hand rest around my waist.