One Shot by CharlieDevonne

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS JUST A ONE SHOT-- IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON THE STORY WHATSOEVER. IT IS NOT A PART OF THE STORY IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM. IT IS SIMPLY WHAT A FAN WROTE. IT GOES BACK TO WHEN THEY WERE ALL IN ITALY AND REMEMBER THAT THIS IS NOT A PART OF THE STORY AND THAT A FAN WROTE IT-- IT IS JUST A ONE SHOT. <3 (:

Elena’s Point Of View:

“Come over here!” Tanner insists, patting the spot on the bed right beside him. We are currently in my room, with a random TV show playing on the television that is placed on the wall. Tanner is sitting on my bed, with his back leaning against the bed’s headboard. “What are you even doing?” Tanner asks, taking his eyes of the TV momentarily and looking over to me, where I am on the other side of my room near my big wooden desk I have set up in the corner.

“Tanner, meet Pippa and Benito,” I announce, walking back over to my bed with my two guinea pigs— Pippa and Benito. If it wasn’t obvious Pippa is a girl and Benito is a boy, and they are my adorable guinea pigs I got not too long ago. Pippa is a little smaller than Benito, you know, since she’s the girl. Anyway, Pippa’s fur is a light butter color, almost like the color of melted butter that they put on popcorn at the movie theaters. Benito’s fur is a mixture of colors— a orange-brown-ish color, black and white.

“Uh...what are those?” Tanner asks, the tone of his voice sounding slightly confused and uncertain.

I advert my eyes upwards towards Tanner’s face, instead of looking at my gorgeous guinea pigs. “My guinea pigs, silly.” I giggle softly. I sit down beside Tanner and gently hand him one of the guinea pigs. “This is Pippa,” I gesture to the soft guinea pig in my hands. “And that,” I point to the one is Tanners lap, “is Benito.”

“I never knew you had one guinea pig, let alone two,” Tanner randomly says, sounding slightly shocked. “How could I have not noticed them all those times I was in your room before?”

“Maybe, you weren’t concentrating on everything in my room and were too distracted,” I giggle— again— and peck Tanner on his cheek.

“What!” He exclaims, “not true.”

“Actually it is,” I laugh loudly at the fake pouty face he is currently giving me. “You’re always sleeping,” I tease.

“Okay,” Tanner trails off. “That may be true, but what can I say... I like to sleep. I mean, who doesn’t like sleeping?”

“I dunno, vampires, maybe?”

 “You’ve been watching Twilight too much, I’m surprised it’s not your favorite movie,” Tanner notes, gently stroking Benito’s back.

“Well, I think it’s my second favorite. You already know that The Notebook is my ultimate favorite movie in this whole universe,” I exclaim, briefly looking down at the sleeping guinea pig in my lap.

“Ah yes, how could I forget? You made me watch it with you only about a million times,” Tanner complains jokingly. At least I think he’s joking. All the times that we’ve watched The Notebook together he never complained about it, he always just joked about how cheesy it was. “Well, anyway, when did you get these little guys?” He gestures to both of my guinea pigs, with a small smile lying on his face.

“I got them from my brother— Alonzo— for my eighteenth birthday this year. He and my father came down here for my birthday, and we went out for dinner— nothing too special, really. I just thought it was so sweet, because I was obsessing over wanting a guinea pig for as long as I can remember, and now I have two.” I gush, looking down at Pippa and then I advert my gaze to Benito. I look back up to Tanner’s face, to see him studying me carefully. “What?”