Chapter 1 The Puckerman household

SO HOW DID YOU LIKE THE LAST CHAPTER?? COMMENT IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, VOTE IF YOU LIKE AND TELL ME WHAT SONGS YOU WANT TO SEE LATER IN THE STORY.
Michelle Trachtenberg as Effy Puckerman
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sunday
I was excited at the thought of meeting my new family, what I wasn't crazy about was the fact that I now had a curfew and everything. I had a curfew to be home by, a curfew to be asleep by, a specific time I had to be at school by it was crazy. I should probably let you know that my late record wasn't exactly gleaming. I hadn't actually met the Puckerman's yet, in fact I hadn't even seen a picture of them yet. They had been given a picture of me. I was kind of excited to find out what they looked like though. This time I was hoping to stay for more than a few months, hopefully my last location before college. I had been left money for college by my mom in her will. I had lived with my mom for a while when I was really young but she couldn't cope with it all, so I was put in a home. We, me and Olivia my social worker were on our way to meet my new family. Olivia was only twenty something, she had skipped college to go straight into social care. Olivia was a thin, beautiful brunette, who always wore a grey pant suit. I was wearing black legging, brown wedged heeled ankle boots, a denim button up t-shirt, blue leather jacket and a beanie hat. My hair was golden brown and reached down to my breasts, brilliant blue eyes, red lips, rosy cheeks and bright skin.
"So are you excited, nervous, happy about meeting the new family?" Olivia asked while she turned down a narrow street.
"I'm not really having a heavy emotional effect, I've been through this too many times. How far away is school from the house?" I enquired looking up from my phone.
"A couple of minutes" Olivia responded turning once again onto a wide street.
"So have you met the Puckermans yet?" I asked Olivia, she looked at me confused.
"Why?" She counter questioned.
"I just don't want any surprises" I sighed remembering the lesbian couple. I wasn't homophobic, it's just I walked in on them whilst they were having sex.
"Well you know that they African-American, the son is half jewish...urm I think that's it?" Olivia explained sounding unsure of herself. I laughed.
"What's so funny?" Olivia enquired taking her eyes off the road once again. I guess I didn't even know why I was laughing.
"I don't even know" I giggled. She stopped outside a brightly painted house. It was pretty nice. The garden was amazing, flowers running along the rim of the cobble stone path which lead directly to the front door. The garden was fenced off from the neighbour's gardens.
"Whoa this garden is pretty amazing" I breathed as I got out of the car. Olivia followed.
"You always did like gardens didn't you?" Olivia enquired locking the car. Olivia had been with me through pretty much all of my adoptions. I nodded while wearing a smile that stretched from ear to ear.
"You ready to go in?" Olivia asked. I would never be truly ready, I never was truly ready to walk into a family of complete strangers who had chosen me out of many others.
"Of course" I lied with a false confidence. We walked up the cobbled path and Olivia rang the door bell.

It felt like years passed by while I waiting for someone to answer the door. I gripped tightly onto Olivia's hand. The door opened slowly. A half black guy stood in the door way with headphones on.
"Hey, who are you?" the boy asked rudely. The boy had brown eyes, flat hair, a muscular chest which pressed through his long sleeved t-shirt. If he wasn't my new brother I would probably date him. Olivia stepped forward.
"Hey I'm Olivia Davidson and this is Effy your new sister" Olivia explained with glee on her face. Jake nodded.
"Mom!" Jake shouted before wandering off with his headphones blaring with some 'The Fray'. A beautiful african american woman appeared at the door. When she spotted me her face lit up.
"You must be Effy?" She asked extending her hand. I shook it an felt an instant connections.
"I'm Lila Puckerman" Lila announced moving aside as a gesture inviting us in. I always loved the part when you would walk into a house for the first time at it was completely different than how you imagined it would be. It was a really nice house, a little dark in some places for my taste but it was a really good house. From what I could already see, the floors were wooden, the kind you can slide along in your socks. A large living room with two large couches and a roaring fireplace.
"Sweet setup" I complimented. Lila laughed while leading us into the living room.
"Please take a seat" Lila offered taking a seat. I took a seat as far away from Lila as possible. I didn't want to seem too clingy but not too distant at the same time.
"So you're in the same school year as Jake so he can show you around" Lila explained.
"And I'm going to McKinley?" I asked. She nodded.
"It's a great school and the New Directions have really helped Jake along so maybe you could join?" Lila suggested.
"I'm sorry but what're the New Directions?" Olivia enquired jumping in.
"They're a show choir. They were national champions last year and are heading to nationals again this year" Lila explained as she reached for a picture frame, it was a picture of a group of people on stage, with Regionals engraved on the bottom. I spotted the boy who answered the door, that must have been Jake.
"Wow they look like they're having a great time" I pointed out.
"I've never see Jake happier than when he's performing on a stage or dancing" Lila giggled putting the picture frame back.
"He's a dancer?" I asked intrigued. I was also a dancer, a cheerleader really.
"I'm a dancer as well" I laughed.
"Well you and Jake'll have something to talk about. He's trained in ballet" Lila explained. I was beginning to like Jake.
"I'm trained in rhythm gymnastics" I explained.
"Oh so you're a cheerleader?" Lila asked happily.
"Yeah, head at my old school" I laughed.
"I was once a cheerleader many years ago" Lila laughed. I was beginning to feel comfortable around Lila.
"So you're room will be the last room on the corridor upstairs next to Jake's" Lila explained.
"Okay" I laughed.

My room was pretty impressive. Walls plastered in posters of my favourite bands, hot guys and pictures of Jake and a brown haired girl in a flat cap.
"This used to be my room you know?" a male voice announced from behind me. I turned around. Jake was in the doorway leaning against the frame.
"Oh he talks" I laughed while unpacking my clothes.
"Sorry about before I'm proper tired from looking for new glee members" Jake moaned diving backwards onto my bed.
"You need new members?" I enquired while folding my short-shorts.
"Well my best friend quit after some awkwardness and we had a girl who got early acceptance to MIT" Jake explained while putting his arms over his eyes.
"I can sing" I brought up. Jake looked at me weirdly.
"Really? Prove it?" Jake asked sitting up immediately.
"I will if I join your glee club" I replied. Jake laughed.
"You have to audition if you want to join" Jake pointed out. He picked up my guitar.
"You play?" he enquired tuning the guitar.
"No I just carry it around" I replied in sarcasm. Jake chuckled lightly.
"Oh you're going to fit right in at school" Jake laughed.
"So how long did it take you to be trained in ballet?" I asked before jumping on the bed next to him. Jake's head shot in my direction.
"Nobody finds out" Jake warned. I laughed.
"Don't worry you don't expect most cheerleaders to be trained in rhythm gymnastics" I pointed out.
"You're a cheerleader?" Jake asked.
"I was" I corrected.
"What are you now then?" Jake asked.
"I'm a dancer plain and simple" I explained.
"Bed you two you have school tomorrow. I'll see you when I get back from work tomorrow night" Lila shouted up the stairs. It turns out Lila work the graveyard shift at he country club and got back at six in the morning. So she would go straight to sleep then go to work again for the lunchtime shift. After brushing my teeth, flossing, practicing with my guitar and stretching I went to sleep.