Chapter 11 Prep

Effy's POV

Mr Shue was back when me and Jake walked into the choir room on Monday, most of the graduates were still here as well.

"Alright guys let's get down to business. Nationals are next Saturday and we still need to pick a set list" Mr Shue explained as he wrote Nationals on the whiteboard. Everyone cheered.

"Me and Finn have decided our opening number should be a mashup, then Tina and Blaine singing a duet and then a group number for our showstopper" Mr Shue added. I liked doing mashups, they were fun. Mixing two different artist and music styles into on major kick ass song.

"We could use Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and Get Lucky by Daft Punk for our mashup" I suggested, I had heard someone sing a mini version of that song on youtube and it sounded awesome. It was actually my ringtone a couple of months ago.

"That sounds great Ef. You, Marls and Kitty can work on writing that" Finn laughed.

"Tina, Blaine you can work on your duet" Mr Shue explained.

"Everyone else work on the group number" Finn finished. Kitty stepped up an started counting.

"I hate to be the buzz kill but we only have eleven members" Kitty pointed out. Everyone groaned, that meant we weren't even eligible. Then it hit me, the one person who could help.

"We have to ask Bree" I announced. Everyone's head snapped in my direction. I stood up.

"She's the only one we know can perform and will be available on short notice" I explained. Everyone sighed again, they must have realised there was a method to my madness.

"Mr Shue?" Tina asked.

"It's our best option. Effy would you..?" Mr Shue began.

"I'm on it" I replied before skipping out if the room. I may have looked happy on the outside but I was actually scared out of my wit. Bree wasn't the nicest person to be around.

---------------------------

"So let me get this straight...you want me to perform with you loser club because you're a member short?" Bree asked rudely. I nodded,she was on her own so she wasn't that big a threat.

"Fine...but I want a room to myself..." she began. That was possible.

"Fine...that can arranged" I replied before turning and marching off. That went surprisingly well actually, not the blood bath that I was fearing.

---------------------------

It was Friday and we were leaving tomorrow. We had rehearsed the set list almost ten times, we all knew our parts. So we decided to do one last number in the auditorium for good luck with Marley on lead.

"Marley:

Na na na na na na na na na na na na

I guess I just lost my husband,

I don't know where he went,

So I'm gonna drink my money,

I'm not gonna pay his rent,

I got a brand new attitude and

I'm gonna wear it tonight,

I wanna get in trouble,

I wanna start a fight,

na na na na na na na I wanna start a fight,