Chapter 2 Once Again

SO I'M STILL GOING TO DO THE BEATLES BUT IT'LL BE THE NEXT CHAPTER. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND VOTE.
Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn --------->
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Monday
As soon as I woke up I headed straight for the shower in my short shorts and vest top, in my en suite bathroom. I didn't actually go into the shower, I had had a shower the night before. Instead I went on my iTunes and played my playlist. I was wondering what song I should use for my glee audition, I had decided to audition after all.
"Maybe some Maroon 5?" I asked myself. A banging came at the second door in the bathroom.
"Come in" I shouted to Jake. Jake walked in.
"You just sit listening to music with the shower running as well?" Jake asked before he sat next to me taking my laptop.
"No I'm actually in the shower right now" I laughed putting some Maroon 5 on. One more night. That was it, the song I was going to use for my audition.
"I'm using this song for my audition" I announced. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt really close to Jake, like he had been my brother ever since I was born.
"So you're auditioning then?" Jake laughed. I laughed as well.
"Yeah I'm auditioning, now leave so I can get dressed" I ordered. He put his hands up in defence and back out of the bathroom after getting up off the floor. I locked the door behind him. I had chosen to wear a white crop top, my blue leather jacket, black denim short shorts, and my black kneecap high converses. After getting dressed I started putting on my mascara and eye liner.
"Effy you almost ready?" Jake shouted up the stairs. I laughed.
"Just going to sort my hair out, then I'll be ready" I replied. I decided on straight hair with my beanie on top again.
"Effy you're going to do great today" I muttered to myself motivationally.

We walked into the school slowly. I was hit with a wall of lemon scented floor cleaner. There were lockers running on both sides of the wall. People were talking loudly. I could see myself being happy here.
"So this is McKinley" Jake announced doing a little turn in the hallway. I laughed.
"You're such a dork" I laughed. I carried my guitar in it's case behind me. Jake laughed.
"You've only known me for like 20 hours you can't make that assumption" Jake chuckled while we walked down the hallway, I was getting confused and happy looks from everyone I passed.
"I'm getting stared at" I pointed out. Jake laughed.
"Try being half black and jewish" Jake chuckles.
"You know I might try that but later on in the week" I joked, we turned a corner. I saw the girl from the picture, the girl with the knotty hair and the flat cap. Jake's face lit up.
"Hey babe" Jake laughed before their lips connected. The girl smiled. At this point in time I was feeling extremely awkward. I cleared my throat. Both of them caught my eye. Jake pulled away.
"Oh right...Effy this is my girlfriend Marley Rose...Marley this is my new sister Effy" Jake announced pointing to each of them every time he said their name. Marley extended her hand.
"Nice to meet you" Marley giggled, I shook her hand.
"Nice to meet you too. So are you in glee club?" I enquired trying to make conversation. It would be really awkward if me and my new brother's girlfriend didn't get along.
"Yeah, are you auditioning?" Marley enquired obviously spotting my guitar.
"Yep" I replied.
"She's using a Maroon 5 song" Jake cheered happily. Marley's face lit up.
"OH MY GOD!!! I love Maroon 5. I've seen them in concert like a billion times" Marley squealed before hugging me. Wow things had just become uncomfortable. The bell rang overhead.
"Well I have first period history so I'll see you later" Marley laughed before running down the hallway, gripping her books tightly to her chest.
"Well I have Art so pick your timetable up from reception and then text me where your first lesson is and I'll meet you when it's over" Jake laughed running the opposite way down the hallway. That was great in theory but where the hell was the reception?

NEW YORK - Rachel's POV
I woke up bright eyed. Life was actually pretty amazing at the moment. I was in line to be the next Fanny Bryce, I was kind of sexting Finn, I was in NewYork with my two bestest friends. Kurt was interning at Vogue at the same time as he was was doing a full time NYADA performance theatre course. Me and Santana had actually just started working at a broadway diner and Santana had been taking an after school ballet course. My bed was so soft, I didn't really want to get up. Collin, my boyfriend pillow was so warm. The door to my bed room flew open and Kurt dived onto my bed.
"Wake up, we have class in half an hour" Kurt laughed in an usual cheerful tone for seven am. I rolled into Collin and buried my face hard.
"No go away" I screamed with all my voice. Kurt sighed.
"Rachel Berry get up now or I'll go all Lima heights on your ass" Kurt threatened. I looked up at him with a look that said what the fuck.
"I'm trying something out" Kurt explained. The innocent look on his face made me laugh.
"Alright I'm up hard man" I giggled as I slowly sat up.
"Finn text you before. Damn it was hot" Kurt explained handing over my S3. I gave him an angry look.
"You read my messages?" I screamed. Kurt nodded.
"Never knew you could do so much with an ice cube" Kurt pointed out. We both laughed loudly. I pushed him off the bed.
"Leave so I can get dressed" I laughed while pushing him out the room. I pulled off my pyjamas and put on my blue dress top and leggings and heeled boots. It took me almost fifteen minutes to apply all my makeup. I walked out of my room and grabbed my leather jacket and bag.
"Let's get going" I laughed.

It was really awkward seeing all of those people who got eliminated earlier on in the funny girl auditions but that I could bare. But seeing Brody in vocals class was excruciating. Everyone slowly gathered in the round room.
"Hey Rach" Brody announced breaking the tension which was almost visible.
"Hi" I replied flatly, I didn't want to start up a conversation when that might stir up old feelings for Brody.
"Is this how it's going to be now. You and me not exchanging pleasantries at all?" Brody growled.
"Oh I'm sorry I though I needed to pay to have a chat with you" Rachel snapped. Brody turned o the spot.
"Fine!" Brody snapped with a bucket load of pain in his voice. Coincidentally that very second Finn rang me on my cell.
"Hey Finn now's not really a great time I'm about to start vocal class" I muttered quietly. I heard him laugh on the other end of the conversation.
"That's great...anyway quick tell me how I should look for new members?" he asked in one breath. I thought about it for a few seconds.
"Well you went out and found that Ryder kid right?" I enquired. I saw Carmen waltz into the classroom with her clipboard in hand.
"Yeah and Ryder quit" Finn pointed out.
"Go out and find someone" I explained.
"Thanks babe" Finn chuckled. I felt my face reddening. Did he just call me babe?
"Since when was I babe?" I asked with a giggled in my voice.
"About five seconds ago" Finn laughed in his sexy serious voice. I could tell that he had that goofy smile on his face.
"Anyway I have to go class has just started" I laughed before ending the conversation. Yep, life was good at the moment.

LIMA - Effy's POV

After navigating my way around the labyrinth that was McKinley high I came to the auditorium. A man with curly brown hair, a square chin and a sweater vest sat at the desk down by the stage. A boy no older than twenty with a goofy smile on his face say to the right and Marley who I remembered from before. I made my way down to the stage.
"Hi I'm Effy Puckerman and I'll be singing 'One more night' by Maroon 5" I announced. Marley let out a little squeal of excitement. I started playing my guitar with backup from the band.

"Effy:
You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war.
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door.
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we stopped keeping score.
You and I get sick, yeah, I know that we can't do this no more.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
That I'll only stay with you one more night
And I know I said it a million times
But I'll only stay with you one more night

Try to tell you "no" but my body keeps on telling you "yes".
Try to tell you "stop", but your lipstick got me so out of breath.
I'll be waking up in the morning, probably hating myself.
And I'll be waking up, feeling satisfied but guilty as hell.

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you.
(Making me love you)
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
(I let it all go)
Got you stuck on my body, on my body, like a tattoo.
(Like a tattoo, yeah)
And now I'm feeling stupid, feeling stupid, crawling back to you.

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
(Yeah)
That I'll only stay with you one more night
(Oh)
And I know I said it a million times
(Yeah)
But I'll only stay with you one more night
(Yeah)

Yeah, baby, give me one more night
Yeah, baby, give me one more night (whoa, yeah)
Yeah, baby, give me one more night (oh, yeah, yeah)

Yeah, but baby there you go again, there you go again making me love you.
Yeah, I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go.
Got you stuck on my body, on my body like a tattoo.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

So I cross my heart and I hope to die
(Oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh)
That I'll only stay with you one more night
(Oh oh oh oh oh oh)
And I know I said it a million times
(Oh, I said it a million times)
But I'll only stay with you one more night
(Yeah, baby give me one more night)

So I cross my heart and I hope to die (yeah, yeah)
That I'll only stay with you one more night (yeah, yeah)
And I know I said it a million times (yeah, yeah)
But I'll only stay with you one more night (yeah, yeah)

I don't know, whatever." I sang. When I finished the two guy and Marley got on their feet and clapped loudly.
"Effy that was great, I think I speak for me, Mr Shue and Finn when I say welcome to New Directions" Marley laughed. I smiles giddily.
"Thanks" I said briefly. The square chinned man stood up.
"Well glee club starts after lunch in the choir room" the man explained, I guessed he was Mr Shue since he was older than Marley and the other boy, who must be Finn.
"I'll be there" I laughed. The bell for the beginning of lunch rang. Marley approached me while I was putting away my guitar.
"Come on I'll show you where we eat at around these parts" Marley laughed. I laughed as well.
"Sounds great" I offered.
"We can drop your guitar of in the choir room as well, saves you carrying around all day" Marley laughed. I could see myself getting along really well with Marley.

The cafeteria was pretty big. And since I was the new kid everyone was pointing me out and whispering. Luckily I had Marley by my side.
"It goes away after a while" Marley pointed out obviously noticing that I was a little weirded out by the whole situation.
"Everyone's looking at me" I whispered while we carried our trays away from the lunch line.
"The way to meet new people is to join extracurriculars" Marley explained as we sat down at a table in the corner.
"What extracurriculars are there?" I asked intrigued. Marley reached into her bag and pulled out a leaflet with the McKinley logo stamped on the front. I took the leaflet.
"That's a leaflet of all the extracurriculars happening at McKinley for this semester" Marley giggled. I flicked through the catalogue. One caught my eye.
"The Cheerios tryouts are today" I muttered to myself. Marley coughed on a piece of food she was eating.
"You want to join the cheerleading squad?" Marley enquired in a tone so high pitched only dogs could here it properly.
"There's a film club and they're playing the hunger games in fifth period?" I pointed out, the hunger games was one of my favourite movies ever. Marley squealed.
"Oh my god I love the hunger games" Marley giggled. I squealed excitedly, I was so happy right now.
"Oh my god me too" I laughed.
"Favourite scene?" Marley asked.
"The scene where Katniss shoots the arrow at the pig" I added.
"What? My favourite scene has to be where Katniss and Peeta both want to take the berries" Marley argued.
"Okay but we both have to agree that the saddest scene was Rue's death scene" I snapped while continuing to flick through the leaflet.
"Oh my god yes. We need to go in fifth period" Marley laughed.
"I have candy in my guitar case" I laughed. Jake came and sat next to Marley with a blond haired girl. The blond haired girl had her hair strung in a high ponytail, a cheerleading uniform and white trainers. Jake kissed Marley's cheek.
"You two sound like you're getting along well" Jake laughed.
"We were talking about the hunger games" Marley laughed before she leant into Jake's embrace.
"Isn't that the big action movie with the load of teenagers?" the blond haired girl enquired. I dropped my diet Dr.Pepper.
"You've never watched the hunger games Kitty?" Marley shrieked. Kitty shook her head.
"I didn't feel like paying to see a movie the relates to Marley earlier this year" Kitty snapped.
"Anyway...Kitty this is Effy my new sister" Jake added. How could she not know what the hunger games were? Kitty smiled.
"I'm Kitty Wilde...head bitch around here and probably the most talented member of the glee club" Kitty explained.
"Hi...wait what did you mean Marley earlier this year?" I asked Kitty. Marley cleared her throat.
"Earlier this year I passed out on stage at sectionals...a blond haired skank gave me body issues...and I starved myself since I thought I'd look fat on the stage" Marley growled looking down at Kitty.
"I apologised for that repeatedly" Kitty retorted. I poked around my salad with the plastic fork that came with the salad. All of them went silent.
"So you're a cheerleader?" I asked breaking the tension. Kitty smiled.
"Head Cheerio" she giggled.
"I used to be a cheerleader. I was a actually just talking to Marley about going to tryouts sixth period" I explained. She laughed.
"Marley you want to be on the Cheerios?" Kitty snorted. Marley shot daggers at her.
"No" Marley snapped, she started to frown.
"Good" Kitty added.
"What you don't think I'm good enough?" Marley growled. I was starting to feel a little awkward.
"No I don't" Kitty responded honestly.
"Well guess what I am going to try out. Come on Ef" Marley ordered before she leapt from her seat. Awwwww, I had gotten my first nickname, Ef. I followed her out of the cafeteria.

I was feeling weird walking into the choir room for the first time. Two girls wandered in behind me and Marley. One of then was 'asia', the other was 'african american'.
"Effy this is Tina and Unique" Marley giggled. The asian girl shook my hand. I could've seen her a mile away, she was wearing a really bright multicoloured dress and white boots.
"Hi I'm Tina Cohen-Chang. Second honorary Rachel" Tina explained.
"Honorary Rachel?" I asked confused.
"She was the old team captain so earlier this year we had a sing off to see who would replace her. I came third but Brittany left so now I'm second" Tina explained before she turned to sit down on one of the many chairs in the row.
The African American girl approached me. She was plastered in makeup and was wearing a large pink dress.
"I'm Unique and I'm the most talented black woman in Lima" Unique explained before she took her seat. I looked over at Marley. she smiled at me. A while group of boys walked in the first had glasses and was in a wheelchair. The second had brown hair, was wearing a bow tie with his polo shirt and chinos and had shiny hair probably from hair spray or gel. The last boy was Blond, he had an amazing side fringe, a tight t-shirt which you could see his ripped figure through and he had large trouty lips.
"That's Artie in the glasses, Blaine in the bow tie and Sam in the shirt that's way too tight for him" Marley laughed. Sam pushed Marley playfully. Jake and Kitty walked in behind them, chatting about the 'Big Bang Theory'. After them a tanned bird looking girl and a guy in dreads followed them.
"That's Sugar and Joe" Marley finished.
"I think that's everyone...you know apart from Ryder" Marley said awkwardly.
"Well we can blame the testosterone pit for that" Kitty bitched crossing her arms and legs. Marley dragged me over to the back seat, we sat down. Mr Shue and Finn rushed into the room. Mr Shue dropped his bag and coffee mug on the piano.
"Alright guys welcoming our new member Effy Puckerman" Mr Shue cheered. All of the people in the room turned and clapped at me. I felt royal and important.
"Now...we may have a new member but we're still a member short" Mr Shue pointed out. He went up to the whiteboard and started scribbling stuff down. He stepped away to reveal the words 'Once Again' written on the board.
"Once Again?" Tina asked sounding a little confused. Mr Shue laughed.
"Once again we're going to Nationals, once again we're looking for new members...so we're going to be singing songs about past happy times, sad time or basically things you would want to say to anyone who would want to join glee" Mr Shue explained.
"Like when Effy sang one more night. The song was about someone staying one more night. Which basically means once again" Finn added. That confused me.
"I just sang the song" I explained.
"We should do a song publicly to bring in members" Sam suggested.
"That's great...what song?" Artie enquired.
"The best once again song ever...time after time by Cyndi Lauper" Kitty laughed. I knew that song, it wasn't my favourite song ever but it was still pretty good.
"I think that's a great idea" Marley laughed.

After an exhausting afternoon of cheer tryouts I was happy to be at home and collapsed on my bed. I reached over to the table next to my bed for my laptop and logged onto Facebook. A hundred a seventy new friend requests from people at McKinley. Wow!!!! Jake was having dinner at Marley's tonight so I decided to head out. After almost an hour of looking I came to a bar, using my fake ID of course I got in. It was dark and stunk of stale alcohol, in a way it reminded me of my biological mom's apartment. I sat at the bar and ordered a ginger ale. Even though I had my fake ID I didn't really want to drink. I looked over at the boy sitting next to me. He had old school brown Bieber hair which looked really sexy on him. He looked pretty sad.
"What's up dude?" I asked.
"I guess you could say I'm lonely" he mumbled.
"I'm here" I pointed out. That made him laugh, his smile was also pretty sexy.
"My name's Katherine" I lied, I didn't really like giving my name to complete strangers.
"I'm Blake" the boy introduced, I could tell he was lying but I didn't mind because I was doing the same thing. We talked for almost four hours. I looked at my phone, it was a text from Lila.
'When you get home, me you and Jake need to have a serious conversation.
Love Lila'.
"Well I've got to split but here..." I explained, I took his hand and wrote my number down. He smiled happily. I got up an kissed his cheek.
"When you call me use my real name" I added. He laughed.

The moment I walked into the house I was whisked into the kitchen by Lila and sat next to Jake.
"Well since we're all here now I'm just going to come out and say it. I've been seeing someone for a while and he's invited me o a cruise" Lila announced. Jake snapped forward.
"For how long?" Jake shouted.
"I'll be back before you graduate" Lila mentioned.
"That's in two years" I shrieked.
"Well he's asked me to stay in Arizona with him after the cruise" Lila explained blushing.
"We can't stay here alone" Jake pointed out.
"I'm leaving you with Puck" Lila muttered quietly.
"Never mind I'm totally fine with it" Jake explained lying back in his chair quietly.
"Who the hell's Puck?" I enquired. I didn't remember meeting anyone called Puck.
"My half brother" Jake explained.
"Who's the guy?" I enquired. Lila blushed.
"He owns the country club" Lila responded.
"Well I'm going to bed I'm tired" I moaned heading for bed.
---------------------------------------
Tuesday

After showering in the morning I walked into my room to find Marley sat on my bed in a black trench coat.
"Hey Ef" she laughed.
"Hey" I replied before slipping into my skinny jeans.
"Hey Ef you might want to stop getting dressed" Marley hinted. I turned to look at her confused
"Why?" I enquired before I started to brush my hair. She dropped the trench coat to reveal a Cheerios uniform. I screamed. She did a little twirl.
"You look amazing" I laughed looking her up and down. Marley did do great at her tryout yesterday. I was a little disappointed I didn't get in though.
"Wow" I gasped again. She turned to my wardrobe and opened the door, revealing another uniform. We screamed at the same time. I rushed over and pulled the uniform on slowly. It felt good but revealing at the same time. I pulled on the white trainers. Oh yeah this felt good.
"Oh yeah this feels like the top of the world" Marley laughed doing a little high kick.
"Who runs the world" I rapped before also doing a high kick.
"C'mon Sam is driving us to school" Marley laughed. My day suddenly got brighter.
"Sam the blond haired hotty?" I asked while picking up my satchel bag.
"Ewww you think Sam's hot?" Marley giggled like a fifth grader.
"Hell yeah he's ripped" I chuckled, I maybe even drooled a little.
"He's a senior though" Marley laughed while she brushed her hair into a high ponytail.
"Yeah but you like my brother which is quite disgusting since he's my brother" I groaned straightening my hair.
"Well I just think you should maybe want to go out with someone younger, maybe a Sophomore?" Marley suggested.
"Well I did meet someone last night and gave him my phone number" I giggled. Marley span and stared me with a starry eyed expression.
"Oh my god who?" Marley shrieked jumping on the bed.
"A guy from a bar" I mumbled. Marley's face went from happy to looking disgusted.
"Eeewwww" she stated.
"He looked like he was still in high school" I pointed out.
"It still seems sleazy that you met in a bar" Marley explained.
"Do you want me to give head to Sam or to the bar guy?" I asked.
"You want to give head to Sam?" Marley questioned.
"Hell yes, have you seen him he's hot" I laughed. We walked out of my room and down the stairs. I turned on some Coldplay on my phone while we made our way out of the house.
"So you want to ask Sam out?" Marley enquired. I thought about it for a second, sure Sam was pretty, hot, amazingly muscular and had a great personality from what I had seen so far.
"I dunno...he's quite funny" I giggled. Marley shook her head.
"You can't really do anything without him going to jail" Marley pointed out.
"Well not if no one says anything" I also pointed out. Marley laughed.
"Trust me I will not tell anyone how Sam screws you" Marley explained.
"Good because I want you to ask him out for me later" I interjected. Marley gave me a death glare.
"No, no, no, no, no..." Marley rambled uncontrollable.
"Yes" I argued. Marley sighed.
"Fine" Marley grumbled. Sam pulled up in his truck.
"You ladies need a ride?" Sam asked in one of his many impressions.
"You have no idea" I muttered. Marley elbowed me. Luckily Sam didn't hear. We climbed into the back of his truck.
"So you guys planning on singing something in glee?" Sam asked while he started our journey to school.
"I actually have the perfect song" Effy laughed.
"Me too" Marley added. I shot her a death glare.

Me and Marley headed straight to the choir room continuing our conversation about the hunger games from yesterday.
"Please Peeta is way hotter. I would so ride that" Marley laughed. Jake came up behind her and hugged her.
"Should I ask?" Jake asked me.
"Not unless you want to here about your girlfriend's hunger games sex dreams" I pointed out before taking my seat.
"I'm loving you in the uniform" Jake chuckled before he attacked his girlfriends neck.
"Oh get a room" Kitty snapped while she walked into the choir room with her high pony bouncing around. Mr Shue and Finn walked into the choir deep in conversation.
"Alright guys anyone have a number prepared?" Finn asked. I stuck my hand up.
"I have a number prepared. I might need Sam and Jake's guitar skills though" I explained taking to the front of the room by the piano. Jake and Sam followed. I whispered to them my song choice.
"I know it in my sleep" Sam laughed while he tuned his guitar.

"Effy:
Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone 'cause I can't fight it anymore

Effy, Sam and Jake:
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

Effy:
For me it happens all the time

Effy and Sam:
It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call, but I've lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now

Sam:
Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door
Wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before

Effy and Jake:
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind

Sam:
For me it happens all the time

Effy and Jake:
It's a quarter after one
I'm a little drunk and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call, but I've lost all control and I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now

Sam:
Whoa, whoa

Effy:
Whoa, whoa

Effy and Sam:
Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all

Effy:
It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone and I need you now

Jake:
And I said I wouldn't call, but I'm a little drunk and I need you now; And I..

Effy and Sam:
Don't know how I can do without, I just need you now

Effy:
Oh baby, I need you now...." The three of us sang. Everyone rose to their feet slowly and clapped.
"Well done guys that was great" Mr Shue cheered.

"C'mon tell me about the boy you met last night then?" Marley enquired as all us glee girls sat down at the same lunch table as yesterday I was starting to think that this was a regular table.
"Ooooohhh so you met a boy last night?" Sugar cheered. All the girls leant in.
"Well yeah...we met at a bar and I gave him my number...maybe he'll call maybe he won't" I replied.
"What did you talk about?" Unique giggled.
"We talked for almost four hours about our lives up to now. He was catfished recently and he has dyslexia" I explained. Everyone's face fell. Marley pulled her phone out and showed me a picture.
"Was this the guy?" Marley enquired. I flicked through the pictures. Yep, it was definitely him.
"You know him?" I asked. Marley and the rest of the girls were quiet.
"It doesn't matter" Marley laughed nervously while leading me out of the cafeteria quickly.
--------------------------------------
Wednesday

Every time I brought up the guy I met at the bar situation Marley immediately changed the subject.
"So...guys let's hear what you've got" Finn laughed while he stormed into the choir room.
"I have a number" Marley giggled. She jumped to her feet and ran to the piano.
"So I've loved this song for years but I've never really had a choice to perform it" Marley explained.
"Just try your best Marls" Blaine laughed.

"Marley:
I know I can't take one more step towards you
Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore?
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live, half-alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

I've learned to live, half-alive
Now you want me one more time

Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

Dear, it took so long
Just to feel alright
Remember how to put back
The light in my eyes

I wish I had missed
The first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back you don't get to get me back

And Who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?
Who do you think you are?" Marley sang with a huge smile on her face. Damn she was so good.
Everyone rose and applauded.
"Nice Marley" Finn exclaimed clapping the loudest.
"I've always loved that song" I whispered to Marley as she sat down next to me.
"I want it to be on the next hunger games" Marley giggled. I would love that song to be on the next hunger games. I diverted my attention back to Finn.
"So tomorrow is the day you do your big public number you nervous?" Finn asked us all.
"Actually Finn me and Tina still have a number" Blaine laughed. Tina and Blaine took to the floor.

"Blaine:
Take a deep breath in the mirror
He didn't like it when I wore high heels
But I do
Turn the lock and put my headphones on
He always said he didn't get this song
But I do, I do

Tina:
I walked in expecting you'd be late
But you got here early and you stand and wave
I walk to you
You pull my chair out and help me in
And didn't know how nice that is
But I do

Blaine and Tina:
And you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Cause he never did
And I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does is
Break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

Blaine:
You say you never met one girl who
Had as many James Taylor records as you
But I do
We tell stories and you don't know why
I'm coming off a little shy
But I do

Blaine and Tina:
But you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Cause he never did
And I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does is
Break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

Tina:
And we walk down the block to my car
I almost brought him up
But you start to talk about the movies
That your family watches
Every single Christmas
And I want to talk about that
For the first time
What's past is past

Blaine and Tina:
Cause you throw your head back laughing
Like a little kid
I think it's strange that you think I'm funny
Cause he never did
And I've been spending the last 8 months
Thinking all love ever does is
Break and burn and end
But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again

But on a Wednesday in a cafe
I watched it begin again" they sang. Everyone rose to their feet and applauded.
"Wow guys that was great" Finn cheered. The bell rang and I dashed after Jake trying to avoid Marley so I could pick Jake's brain.
---------------------------------------
"Jake wait up" I shouted while running down the corridor. Jake turned and I was greeted with a huge smile.
"What's up sis?" Jake asked me. I admit it was weird that Jake was calling me sis already but I was starting to get used to the idea.
"I met this guy at a bar on Monday, I think Marley knows the guy..." I moaned gripping my folder tightly. Jake screwed his face up.
"Right?" Jake asked, he sounded confused.
"She won't tell me who he is" I explained.
"How does Marley know him?" Jake enquired. We set off down the hallway.
"I told him some of the stuff he told me" I replied.
"Like?" Jake pushed searching for some more information.
"He's dyslexic, about 6'2, was catfished by a transgender" I listed. Just thinking about that sexy smile of his turned me on a little.
"Oh my god..." Jake shrieked. Within seconds Jake was tackled into the locker.
"What's up bro?" the boy shouted hugging Jake tightly. Jake pushed the boy away.
"Wow this is awkward" Jake mumbled. I didn't understand what the hell he was on about. Until I saw the boy, our eyes connected.
"Katherine?" he shrieked.
"Blake?" I asked. I thought he was older, since he was in a bar drinking.
"Katherine?, Blake? really you couldn't come up with more believable fake names?" Jake asked in a tired tone. If looks could kill. I growled at Jake.
"This is Effy my new sister....Effy this is Ryder my best friend" Jake said looking down at the floor awkwardly.
---------------------------------------
SONGS
One more night - MAROON 5
Need you now - Lady Antellabaum
Jar of hearts - Christina Perry
Begin again - Taylor Swift