Chapter 11

~Nathan~

She was in the perfect state of mind, all the guilt was on her. The silence was the best sound I have heard in a while because all I could see was her freaking out. Rori was taking the bait, her calling that dude was just a plus. Now he will think that Rori is some maniac and run for the foothills, and I can comfort her then do what my job description says to do.

"I- uh- um," She manages to say looking at both Ken guy and I, we are both standing there looking as confused as possible. I feel like I am selling the whole 'being confused' thing, but the Ken dude looks more scared and I think my plan is working. Silence.

"Well, it looks like you are taken care of so I am- uh- going to go," The guy says slowly walking away. She just stares at him as he drives away and walks over to the sidewalk and sits. I stand there not knowing what to do, my tux is all scratched up and I need her to start trusting me fast. I sit by her and she looks at me confused.

"Why are you still here, I have obviously ruined everything," Rori says, she fell right into the trap and hopefully she can start trusting me. I carefully put her blonde hair behind her ear, slowly so she doesn't get frightened.

"You are obviously scared of something," I finally say as she looks down. She pulls away and looks a bit mad. What did I do?!? She stands up and I do to, I have no idea why she is offended.

"I don't get scared, I just don't want to get hurt," She says looking in my eyes for emotion. Well this is stupid because I said one sentence, five words, 32 letters. She turns around, bringing her hands up to the top of her head. She must still feel guilty, she started to pace. I carefully walk towards her and put my hands on her shoulder so she has to face me. She looks up and I finally see those blue eyes look at me again.

"I am so sorry for being late, I shouldn't have done that to you," I say slowly, hopefully this will at least help her trust me. Rori's blue eyes look down and she takes a step back, my arms are at my side again.

"I feel like I can't trust anybody anymore so how do I know that I can trust you this time?" She says looking back at me, but her eyes showed confusion. I stood there, not knowing what to say, and I can tell that she is truly asking.

~Rori~

I finally had my thoughts lined up and he can't answer a simple question?!? To think, I was actually planning on going on a date with him tonight. I was actually thinking about trusting him, and he is just standing there. I know what I just did is pretty big, but he made it clear that what I did to him and Drew doesn't matter. I stood there looking into his brown eyes.

"Okay you just proved my point, so I am just going to go," I say then started walking towards the car, someone had to break the silence. I was a couple feet from my car when Nathan had to run in front of me.

"Since we are both here might as well go get ice cream or something," He says, "Just come with me and I will prove that you can trust me." I look at him and he seemed sincere. He put his hands on my shoulders once more, so I had to look at him. "Will you please come with me?" We then stare at each other for a while and I could tell that he was searching my eyes for an answer, so I nod. Might as well get some food out of this hectic night. He does the thing that always gets me, he smiles. Those pearly whites shine down on me, I look down and can't help but smile. I feel his hands off of my shoulders and one of his hands hold one of mine. I could feel shivers down my spine as his fingers touched mine. I follow him as we got my bag, that was still in the dance studio, and walked to the ice cream parlor.

~Nathan~

I had to break the silence since we were still a few blocks away. I looked at her and she was just looking forward. Her blonde hair flowed down her beautiful dress. I finally got up the nerve right as I ran into a lamp post, instantly falling to the ground. She starts laughing, showing those beautiful dimples that I haven't seen in a while.

"You okay, do you need some help up?" She asks taking my hand and barely helping me up. I smile and nod my head. "Well next time look where you are walking instead of staring at me. It is pretty creepy, especially since I don't even know where we are going," She says still smiling. I stood there frozen because she saw that I was looking at her. I just try to pull it off with a laugh and we start walking again, still holding hands.

"I wasn't staring at you I was just looking that direction," I manage to say, hoping that she'll believe me. She rolls those blue eyes and looks at me.

"Just admit it, I'm so beautiful you can't keep your eyes off of me," She says laughing, while showing her dimples. She flips her blonde hair and laughs some more.

"How did you know?" I say managing to give off that sarcastic tone that she did. I laugh as we keep walking towards the ice cream parlor. This is turning out perfectly, she is starting to trust me.

~Rori~

Tonight turned out to be a good night, besides the incident that just happened. Nathan is starting to be really nice and there is hope. However, how can I know if I can trust him? One thing is for sure, it seems like he is there for me more then Drew, that means a lot to me.

 As we are sitting outside the parlor, Nathan points to his nose, "You have something right there," He says smiling his perfect smile. I touch my nose and feel nothing. I look at him questionably as he still points to his nose. He laughs and quickly takes some of his ice cream in his spoon and swings it onto my nose. I sit there and look at him, then start laughing.

"Oh you did not just do that," I say smiling. I look at my melting ice cream and think if it is worth it to destroy this goodness.

"Don't you dare," He says putting up his hands, he saw me pick up my ice cream.

"What?" I ask while I show my evil grin. I quickly slam it onto his head as he tries to stop me. Laughing I see him grabbing his ice cream. I was not going to let him put that onto my head. I stand up and start running, but he is somehow faster than me. He grabs my arm and turns me around so he is trapping me in his arms. I look at him pleadingly, and I see ice cream slowly dripping from his face. He stares at me with those brown eyes and I find hope for a second. We are standing there and staring at each other, me in his arms, with the ice cream in his hand. His face is slowly coming closer to mine and I find a perfect moment. I quickly push his ice cream into his face. His surprised face was the best sight that I could see, but I am still stuck in his arms. He looks at me and smiles. "Oh. No." was all I could say before he kissed me and the melted ice cream covers my face.

~Nathan~

I had her in my arms. She was so adorable. This plan to put ice cream to her face had failed, and she got away with it. My face was covered, and I had to get her back. Without thought I put my lips to hers and covered her face with the ice cream. My arms slowly go down to her lower back. As we both lean out I see that she has ice cream all over her face and we both start laughing.

"Who won?" She simply asks as she ruffles my hair. I smile and shrug my shoulders, realizing that my arms are still around her and her arms around my neck. Rori also realizes that and pulls away, then she walks back to our table, grabs her bag and some napkins, and walks back over to me. She smiles with those cute dimples and then she reaches up to my face and cleans it up. I take some of her napkins and clean off her face. I have no clue how she got into this good mood, but she defiantly trusts me now.