Chapter 7

Today was a new day. I have to forget about last night. I have to forget about Nathan. I have to focus on my classes. I got up and started getting ready. After I put on my clothes I looked in the mirror and I saw a blond haired, blue eyes, and a fake girl. This girl in the mirror is trying to look like she is someone, but in reality she is a no one.

"Hey gorgeous, what's with that look," she says as I watch her pick up the curling iron.

"What if I see him today?" I ask watching her burn herself. I give her the glove and she rolls her eyes.

"If you do, make him jealous," She says smiling. She takes a piece of my hair and straightens it. I show her that I can smile and she straightens the rest of my hair. After we part ways, she goes to her classes and I go to mine. My first class of the day is medicine. I walked into class and sat down at my normal seat, in my normal class, and in my normal school. The professor started talking about our new assignment. I start doodling on the paper he gave out.

"So you dance and draw," I hear a voice. I look up and find Nathan sitting there with his perfect smile. I roll my eyes and start the assignment.

"And your smart, wow you are one awesome girl," He says. To be honest, it melted my heart. This guy was already tearing me down. I cannot show my weaknesses that he gives me. I ignore him and stand up. Then I turn the paper in and walk towards the teacher.

"Hey I'm done with the assignment is that all?" I ask him. The professor nods then I turn around and walk out of the room. I wasn't going to let him win, I wasn't going to let him ruin me. I walk outside of the building and sit on a bench. I had a couple hours until the next class. I look at the dance center across the way.

I took dance before my dad passed. I started to get really good and I even performed. That's the happiest part of my life, dancing in front of my dad. When my dad started getting sick I stopped because I had to take care of him. His smile and mine disappeared.

I walked over to the dance center and walked in. People were dancing everywhere and they all looked happy. I jump as I hear a voice.

"Hey you looking to dance here?" I look up and see a guy smiling. He looked like an exact replica of Ken. I look again at all the rooms where people were dancing ballet and hip hop. I smile and look back at the Ken guy.

"Okay first you have to try out for a membership," He says with a serious face. I have never danced in front of someone, voluntarily, since my dad died. For a second I thought that I could walk out of there, but then I thought that I needed to prove it to myself. I followed him into a room with a mirror on one end. He smiled at me and sat down.

"No music, just dance," He says smiling. I look at him questionably and he nods. I start dancing ballet, remembering the moves from my performance before my dad died. I jumped into the air and the Ken guy caught me. I felt like a swan in the swan lake ballet. I felt like I was flying in the air. He let me down slowly. I watched his blue eyes watch me. He smiles his perfect smile, his hands still around me.

"You pass," He says, "It's not about just dancing, it's about confidence too." We stand there in the silence, staring at each other.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

"I'm Drew, and you are," He says putting his hands back at his sides.

"Rori," I say still smiling. Maybe this is what I needed, a different guy and dance. He turns around and grabs a card with my full name on it.

"I know, I'm in your Calculus class," He says laughing at himself. I laugh and take the card.

"I knew I've seen you somewhere," I say smiling.

"Okay, even though we just barely officially met do you think we can go to dinner tonight?" He says with one blond eyebrow slightly higher than the other.

"Sure, pick me up at 8?" I ask as my smile grows.

"Of course," He says smiling. I pick up my bag that sat behind him and walk out of the best day of my life. Am I actually going to go on another date? I walk back to the bench by my Medicine class. I take out my notebook and start adding to the doodles that I started in, ironically, Calculus class.

~Nathan~

I had to go after her, but I also had to finish this assignment or else the professor would think something was up. I quickly finished the assignment as fast as I could, which took the whole class time. I walked out and immediately found Rori with a notebook. I sat next to her and saw a couple sketches.

"You must be really smart in order to finish that assignment so quickly," I manage to say with a smile. She looks at me with her blue eyes. She grabs her bag and walks away. How can I be that mean guy?

I had to figure out a plan, I had to get her to trust me. But how?