Chapter 15

Kara's POV

As the weeks and days flew by, things seemed to be getting better. I had not spoken to Taylor or Jessica since the day in the cafeteria. I have earned a few glares and disgusted looks by them every time I walk by them. Oh well I still don't care.

My brother went back to college so it has been just me at home. My parents actually stopped by about a week ago so that was nice. I miss them but I know that there jobs require them to be away from home.

My friendship with Jace, Max and the others has grown tremendously over the past few weeks. That's not the only thing that has grown. Nope, my crush on Jace has grown as well. Every time I am around him I get butterflies in my stomach. Yeah I know, cliche right? We have shared no more kisses sadly.

And yes I am still giving him the sticky notes and he still doesn't know that its me writing them. I really want to tell him because it really has gone on long enough but I can get the courage to tell him. It really isn't a great conversation starter.

Also, I am scared on how he will react. Will he get mad? Sad? Happy? Who knows. I'm just going to keep it a secret until I can't anymore.

Jace tells me every time that he gets a sticky note and if Max is around he shoots me a look telling me to tell him but I just shake my head no every time.

"Hey Kara."

I glance beside me and see that Jace had sat down beside me. Shooting him a smile, I turn around on the concrete table and face him.

"Hi Jace."

Again the stupid butterflies start to flutter around as I look up into his eyes.

"So, I got another sticky note today." He starts.

Well, I already know you did I wrote it. I thought in my heads as a pang of guilt hit me. I had to act like I didn't know he got one.

"Oh cool. What did this one say?" I faked interest.

Man, I should be an actor.

"It says 'Don't let other people get to you. Just pay attention to the people who truly love you.' That what it says. Kara, I need to tell you something." Jace said.

My heart started to beat frantically and my palms grew clammy. I stared up at him with wide eyes. What did he want to tell me? Did he find out? What if Max told him that it was me writing the sticky notes! Oh no! Surely he wouldn't do that! Right? Righ-

"Kara calm down. There is no need to freak out. Wait, why are you freaking out? I just said that I needed to tell you something."

'Ok Kara calm down.' I chanted in my mind.

"Uh sorry I just remembered that I uh forgot to feed my dog and I panicked.." I lied.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't be an actor.

"Umm Kara? You don't have a dog? Ok anyway, this is going to sound strange but I think I am starting to like this mystery girl. Is that weird? It is isn't it. Just forget I said anything." Jace sighed and stood up to walk away.

I sat there in shock for a moment. I should be happy, but yet i'm sad. Jace just said that he liked the mystery girl which is me. But he doesn't like the real me he likes the one who is brave. Not scared ol me.

My thoughts stopped when I realized that Jace was walking away. I shot up and ran after him, grabbing his arm to stop him. He halted and turned around in front of me.

"What Kara?"

I swallowed and debated whether not that it was the right time to tell him my secret. I opened my mouth to tell him but then I quickly closed it because well i'm a coward.